so do we need to be aware of fake people trying to scam on here?

I am not sure how to even approach this. Everytime I complete or update something in my profile I get a bunch views from some very attractive young women who want to instantly give me their number or start trading pictures. Now, I don't think I am unattractive but c'mon. I have never really been big on the whole social media thing, but these days I'm trying to stay in touch with people and broaden my horizons. I guess I would like to know what the scammers are after, is it phone numbers?? Or have I become another covid isolation statistic who slipped a gear??

This topic was edited
RE:so do we need to be aware of fake people trying to scam on here?

In the end the scammers are always after money. If they can gain your confidence, eventually they will have a story about how they need some cash for some emergency.

This post was edited

I guess I would like to know what the scammers are after, is it phone numbers?? Or have I become another covid isolation statistic who slipped a gear??

They are after whatever they can get and their are all kinds including men posing as women. Bottom line is if it is too good to be true it probably but guys here still fall for it

This post was edited

I think most of the profiles for women on here are fake. They all want you to go to hangouts so they can scam you without getting licked off the site. Just imagine a 300 pound hairy man pretending to be a woman, just so you can send him cash so he can buy more cigarettes and candy bars! lol

This post was edited

its sad but true

This post was edited

In the end the scammers are always after money. If they can gain your confidence, eventually they will have a story about how they need some cash for some emergency.Just ignore and move on.

Please always take a minute to flag them. Owners are busy but sometimes it helps.

This post was edited

I have been a member of TN now for a few years. Long enough to develop an instinct for who is real and who is fake. It is also long enough to learn to ignore the fake ones. To not allow them to spoil the many positive experiences you can have here through stimulating exchanges with people you learn to trust. So far this strategy has worked for me - I never had any problems. It is important also to keep in mind that in a large group like this - there will always be people who decide to join for reasons other than your ones. We must learn to live with that ... or if someone finds pleasure in policing the site - that is also OK ... but personally I prefer to ignore and stay away from those I believe are a mismatch with why I wanted to join in the first place ...

This post was edited