What is the difference between a naturist person and an exhibitionist?

For me, an exhibitionist is someone who likes to be observed especially in his/her private area, but a naturist just wants to be naked all the possible time. Now there is a big difference between both of them (for me), the first one usually is involved with sexual things so they can't be a real nudist bc they don't see nudity like us, the true nudist, see it; but, here is another question, Do you think there is a chance that an exhibitionist could become a real nudist?

This topic was edited
RE:What is the difference between a naturist person and an exhibitionist?

more interesting is the difference between a nudist and a naturist.

beside the definition it is really hypocrite and trying to put angel on the name of nudist or nudism and exhibitionnism as the devil ...

This post was edited

Perhaps the concept that I put is a bit pejorative with the exhibitionists, that's why the question is, for me that's the difference between them, but I am open to new ideas

This post was edited

your question is like the one about who is the nicest the sheep or the wolf: we cant judge others.

i do remember in france on some resorts where you have to be naturist to get in, while nudist are not well seen as if you do not have a card you re not the real one.

This post was edited

For me, an exhibitionist is someone who likes to be observed especially in his/her private area, but a naturist just wants to be naked all the possible time. Now there is a big difference between both of them (for me), the first one usually is involved with sexual things so they can't be a real nudist bc they don't see nudity like us, the true nudist, see it; but, here is another question, Do you think there is a chance that an exhibitionist could become a real nudist?

Here is a thought for you
Naturist nudity is not interpreted through the prism of eroticism by naturists, because it does not have sex as an aim.Aleksandra Herman Naturist Utopia and Libertine Rebellion. Intuitive Laws in Conflict

This post was edited

naturist philosophy means like integrist and do not accept others and we all see why nudism model developped well.

This post was edited

Thank you all for your answers, it is clear that naturism, nudism and exhibitionism are different with nudity in common, but I still believe that it is very difficult for an exhibitionist to separate the sexual from nudity, it would be easier than a Non-nudity person can understand nudity the right way.

This post was edited

I look at it this way, exhibitionism can be a mental illness where a person can't help themselves and get naked or something others will do just for the joy or shock that they give others seeing them naked among the masses.. Hence the phrase "getting your jollies off". Whereas for a naturist it is a lifestyle choice and they wear clothes when and where it is necessary to live among fellow humans but given a choice prefers to be without clothing perhaps when alone or surrounded by their peers but not among the clothed.

This post was edited

I would say the key difference is that a naturist/nudist would not want to be nude among people who were uncomfortable with their nudity, the old saying, "if you're uncomfortable, I'm uncomfortable" . This is as opposed to the exhibitionist who derives their excitement from being naked among those who are uncomfortable or unprepared for their nudity. Furthermore the exhibitionist would probably tire of simple nudity in a setting where it has no taboo.

This post was edited

I would say the key difference is that a naturist/nudist would not want to be nude among people who were uncomfortable with their nudity, the old saying, "if you're uncomfortable, I'm uncomfortable" . This is as opposed to the exhibitionist who derives their excitement from being naked among those who are uncomfortable or unprepared for their nudity. Furthermore the exhibitionist would probably tire of simple nudity in a setting where it has no taboo.

Excellent response

This post was edited