RE:Homophobic Doctors

That is really awful. I have a similar experience when I go to my dermatologist to get my moles checked. He'll pull the waistband on my underwear and just quickly peak down. He never really looks and would never touch my penis or scrotum. Thankfully I have a very gay friendly PCP whom I have told about this so when I go to my annual physical he does check me all over and is never afraid to touch me anywhere.

This post was edited

That is really awful. I have a similar experience when I go to my dermatologist to get my moles checked. He'll pull the waistband on my underwear and just quickly peak down. He never really looks and would never touch my penis or scrotum. Thankfully I have a very gay friendly PCP whom I have told about this so when I go to my annual physical he does check me all over and is never afraid to touch me anywhere.

My dermatologist is the same, but I like him as a doctor otherwise and finding another dermatologist who is in network and accepting new patients could be a challenge, and there is no way if the new one would be any more comfortable with nudity.

This post was edited

The only homophobic doctor I have visited was a dermatologist. Kinda in the the wrong field of medicine if you don't like to see people naked.A doctor who is uncomfortable with human bodies is like a plumber who is uncomfortable with pipes or an electrician who is embarrassed by wires. Can you imagine an auto mechanic who blushes at the sight of an automobile engine?
"I'll avert my gaze while you try tightening that bolt. Let me know whether that helps. Did I tell you about the time a customer walked in holding an air filter and I nearly passed out? Some people just have no sense of decorum."

This post was edited

The only homophobic doctor I have visited was a dermatologist. Kinda in the the wrong field of medicine if you don't like to see people naked.

Not for the same reason, but one of the partners in the urology group I use is Dr. Fingerman. Not a good name for that specialty!

This post was edited

Not for the same reason, but one of the partners in the urology group I use is Dr. Fingerman. Not a good name for that specialty!

I worked for an answering service right out of high school. There was a urologist named Dr Drinker.

This post was edited