Something to Lighten Your Day--Do you know what these are and where this photo was taken?

Unless they have watched old movies, many of the younger generation has never seen these airplanes much less know any of their history. So here is a very rare photo. Do you know what type of airplane these are and can you identify the city and possibly a time frame?

This topic was edited
RE:Something to Lighten Your Day--Do you know what these are and where this photo was taken?

Looks like Pearl Harbor

This post was edited
RE:Something to Lighten Your Day--Do you know what these are and where this photo was taken?

One of the top five planes ever designed and built. Id go anywhere with half wing

This post was edited

alfmartinez you are way off- Not even close.

This post was edited

Jim you are correct - A very solid plane, some are still flying today.

This post was edited

Looks like a DC-3 in Phoenix. Aka a Tail Dragger.

This post was edited

Anattin - You are correct, Sky Harbor Airport, Phoenix, AZ - The planes are classed as tail draggers for obvious reasons. Now lets see if anyone can figure out an approximate year the photo was taken and which terminal they were parked at.

This post was edited

Douglas DC3 Dakotas, I reckon.

This post was edited

Yes

This post was edited

I can't answer the location questions but I would put the year at sometime in the early 60's. I used to fly on one from Chicago to Fort Lauderdale twice a month.

This post was edited

Correct, the DC3 Dakota.

This post was edited