BnB Expectations

As a host on both Airbnb and Misterbnb , I'm curious as to what appeals to you regarding listings. Do you have certain expectations when seeking a nudist room?

This topic was edited
RE:BnB Expectations

I'd want all the normal expectations of bnb with the exception of needing to wear clothes. I find this article relevant https://hotelpropeller.com/stay-at-b-and-bs/.
I suspect your clientele are more progressive than say a Victorian farmhouse bnb and your listing reflect that. I wish you luck as travel starts back up post Covid!

This post was edited

Thanks for the article and your response. Things have slowed down for me but others have been more successful. Much of that is due to their proximity to downtown or local attractions. The nudity has gotten me some responses but looking for feedback to attract more business and meet/exceed guest expectations.

This post was edited

How about offering/listing local nude sunbathing/hottub/massage/spa service (as simple as calling a fit naked neighbor with a loofah sponge)? A 36 hour textile-free retreat experience? Wine and cheese with the cheeseball shaped like a butt?

This post was edited

I list my place as "naturist friendly". In my pic's I show the hot tub rules which are 1. Use common sense. 2. No swimsuits allowed. I ask folks to acknowledge that they know what naturists means. I get folks booking because they know they can get naked. Just last week I got a booking because of the hot tub. We had a great soak. Last night another booking with them acknowledging that they know what naturists means. Not everyone does and I take those case by case. Some I greet nude others I wait until we soak.

This post was edited

On Airbnb I get only textile guests. I also promote mine as a nudist bnb on various nudist sites. Those guests choose my place purely because they can be naked around the house and enjoy a nude dip in the spa pool. I offer the same facilities as if it were textile. When I travel myself my first priority is finding a place that allows (or even better, encourages) nudity. Some places more overtly promote other services like massage etc, but I haven't found that necessary.

This post was edited

Hi
I ran a male nudist B&B years ago and stopped because the damage done was greater than the income !
Most guys were great and lots and lots of repeats and I still hear from many of the guys but the final straw was after two guys had left and on my going into the bedroom found that a bottle of red had been broken over the bed and had soaked sheets, blankets, mattress protector and mattress !
Then a large guy broke most of the pool furniture as he went from lounger to lounger breaking them as he went along despite the other guys also by the pool telling him to stop.. Just watch as you will now find a label on outdoor furniture giving the maximum SAFE weight the item can handle.
Another day a guy went for a wander in the rainforest and couldn't get back up the steep track and as luck would have it there was a guest with a 4WD with I think they are called barn doors and we managed to heave the person into the back to get him back to the house and I was then informed that he was going to sue me.......
So if you are still doing B&B do take great care ...... 999 are great clients and then .........

This post was edited

I stay in a lot of AirBnb/MisterBnbs/VRBOs/etc. And, I am about to put my new carriage house apartment online for rent. The first thing I notice and judge are the photos. I want to see well lit, inviting spaces with an overall design that is intentional, comfortable, and CLEAN. If the space is clearly just a depository for all your old, worn out miss-matched furniture it will show. Needless to say, the bathroom needs to be equality well put together and CLEAN. I see so many listings with shitty photos that it makes me assume everything else about the experience will be half-assed. Hire a photographer if that's what it takes, but crappy cell-phone pics are not adequate.

From there, I want to know what the rules are. Particularly with clothing-optional listings. It's sometimes unclear if it's C/O everywhere or just the pool/hot tub. If it's a shared house, what parts are welcome and which parts are off limits. I will want to know what level of engagement with the house should I expect, if any. I will need to know the ingress/egress procedure.

Otherwise, the number 1 thing is communication. If I am not getting good communication, then I get nervous. A heads up in the listing that sets expectations helps a lot. For example, "Heads up, I am a brain surgeon and sometimes unable to answer the phone or reply to messages right away during the workday..." goes a long way of letting a renter know you will get back to them, but maybe not until after work.

This post was edited

I stayed in a Misterbnb in Italy a year ago which said Clothing Optional Accepted. I messaged the guy if it was okay, and he said yes. I wasn't naked all the time, but I didn't bother wearing anything to and from the bathroom, etc. Then in my review he complained that I was naked all the time without asking him! I called him on it, and they took the review down, but it was a weird experience. So now I just follow the host's lead.

This post was edited

Then a large guy broke most of the pool furniture as he went from lounger to lounger breaking them as he went along despite the other guys also by the pool telling him to stop.. Just watch as you will now find a label on outdoor furniture giving the maximum SAFE weight the item can handle.
That reminds me of charming hotel I stayed at in Alexandria Egypt. I sat down on a loveseat sofa in the lobby to visit with the desk clerk. I heard a crack and felt the seat tilt forward. I am less than 200lbs. The piece looked old. I apologized immediately and the desk clerk laughed it off.

This post was edited

I stayed in a Misterbnb in Italy a year ago which said Clothing Optional Accepted. I messaged the guy if it was okay, and he said yes.

I stayed at a cheap $10 a night Airbnb in NM. The host and I chatted the first evening. He told me he was a massage therapist. The next morning I decided that a massage therapist is used to skin so I would just be nude while I ate breakfast. I was seated on a towel on the barstool when he came out. I got a very stern " none of that". I apologized and slipped on some shorts and tee. No further mention of it was made. Not did he comment in the review

This post was edited