Nudist demands right to go free

An article by Kathy Sundstrom in the Sunshine Coast Daily, Queensland Australia.
Nudists Demand The Right To Go Free
COOLUM naturist Mark Hayter is tired of breaking the lawevery time he wants to have a swim at his favourite beach.
Although it appears the State Government, local council,police and lifesavers have turned a blind eye to his criminal activity, this
has not been good enough.Mr Hayter wants to be able to swim naked at Noosas popularAlexandria Bay legally.
Alexandria Bay hosts the annual nude Olympics each Marchand has been Queenslands unofficial nude beach for more than 25 years.
But attempts to make A-Bay legal have got nowhere.Its very frustrating as it is such hypocrisy, Mr Haytersaid.
Theyre burying their head in the sand.We got permission from (former Premier) Peter Beattie, thiswas honoured by Anna Bligh who said the council should make an application. AllBob (Abbot, Sunshine Coast mayor) has to do is get off his bum and make itlegal.
Its annoying that they pass the buck here, there andeverywhere." The buck-passing continued this week.
A Sunshine Coastcouncil spokeswoman said a decision on A-Bay needed to be made by QueenslandsParks and Wildlife Services.
"Council has no position on the decision to use AlexandriaBay as a nude beach. This is a State Government decision, the spokeswoman
said.
However, Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service generalmanager terrestrial parks Annie Moody said it was a council decision.
"Up to the dunes and back in is national park and the NatureConservation Act applies, Ms Moody said.
"We have no jurisdiction over the beach and that is acouncil decision.
Cr Abbot said he had no concern what happens at A-Bay, buthe was not prepared to declare it a free beach as it would require significant
support. Its a difficult beach to service and were not prepared to providethe extra service, he said.
Member for Noosa Glen Elmes said he took the view that A-Bayis an unofficial (free beach), everyone knows its there and he was happy to
leave sleeping dogs lie when it came to policing the beach.However, Mr Elmes was dead against making it an officialfree beach.
The day you make it official, there will be another plea tomake another one official, he said.
"We will get more applications from different groups indifferent parts of the state and this is not the sort of thing we wish to
project as a state. Were better off leaving it as it is.
Cr Vivien Griffin said while she would need to consider thecircumstances, she believed it was time a decision was made.
"Id need to look at the issues around it before making adecision, but I support it getting sorted. It gets passed around each year, Cr
Griffin said.

This topic was edited
Petition to legalize nude bathing at A Bay

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/112/357/850/legalise-a-clothing-optional-beach-at-alexandria-bay-in-noosa-national-park/
48 signatures so far- come on guys - help spreadthe word. we need at least a thousand

This post was edited
RE: Petition to legalize nude bathing at A Bay

we've got97signatures, help us get to1,000

This post was edited

I don't believe that my signature would be of help here but I support your efforts. Every social change that happens helps to bring about change else where. Good luck.

This post was edited

we've got97signatures, help us get to1,000104 now with mine

This post was edited

Now 120. We need more. Help spread the word for all our sakes.

This post was edited

I don't believe that my signature would be of help here but I support your efforts. Every social change that happens helps to bring about change else where. Good luck.. I disagree. The tourist dollar perception helps the cause. Please add you name to the petition

This post was edited
RE: Nudist demands right to go free

Come on everyoneplease support thisyes thanks to the 127 who have signed the petition but we need many more.if you are outside Australia, we need your support saying it effects your spend of your tourist dollar.secretary of one of the local clubs posted the link to the petition yesterday and it was taken down overnight. That is disgusting and censorship of that sort by Facebook has to be combatted and therefore we need you to email all your friends, please.

This post was edited

Just to annoy the fools on here.FOUR YEARS AND STILL HEREIsn't such disrespect for others just so sad

This post was edited

Ignore the irrelevant comments and go to the link -https://www.thepetitionsite.com/112/357/850/legalise-a-clothing-optional-beach-at-alexandria-bay-in-noosa-national-park/ - and sign! Now up to 440 approx.

This post was edited

Thanks Renebbare,you are right.

This post was edited