My wife won't get nude.

Hey guys, I love being nude. Every chance I get I'm naked. However I have never been anywhere but my house and backyard. My wife does not share my enthusiasm towards the nude life. When she is around I try to stay dressed she nce it's awkward being nude around her. I don't think I can ever change her mind.
Here's the problem. I want to expand my area of nakedness. I want to go to a nudist resort. I do any the feeling of being around other nudists. How do I explain that to my wife? She will think it's all about sex and probably freak out. I don't really want to sneak out on a day off but I'm afraid that's what I might have to do. The place I want to go to, in northern California, has camping so I could park my camper there but that would be real hard to explain.
Anyways, if anybody has been in the same situation, I'd appreciate some advice.
Am I stuck at home forever?
Thanks

This topic was edited
RE:My wife won't get nude.

Look through the group Married But Spouse Not Into, where this has been discussed many times with good ideas and stories. I know there are some other groups where this has been discussed but I cant think of them now.
https://www.truenudists.com/group/married-but-spouse-not-into/

Update, heres another
https://www.truenudists.com/group/married-men-with-non-nude-wives/

This post was edited

Thank you, I'll look for the group.

This post was edited

I understand your experience as my ex went from a very sexy pretty party girl rock lead vocalist then morphed into an anti naked person. It went to the disdain of me even being naked at all except the shower. I tried to figure out WTH that happened but no way would she loosen up. In my experience it was nothing that could be over. If I had to do it over I would not have been on her whipping bitching post and I now see I should have "manned up" if you will. Heck it was my 70 hr work weeks that had her living very comfortably.

Yes we all want a peaceful home but it is really not if one is kissing ass on a daily taking orders from the Warden. To think I let a 5' 110 lb partner in life kicked my ass for 17 yrs makes me ashamed . Luann knew when we got together I could not and would not ever be run over like that ever again. Still it spins my head I went from anti nude drill sergeant to a sweet heart that lives naked .

This post was edited

I dont know about you, but I spout out yes, sweetie on a very regular basis...and Im proud of it!

This post was edited

I'm in the same boat. My wife used to accept nudity to the point where she slept naked when we married but now has very negative feelings about it.

There are some very good reasons for it (medications and a history of abuse) and I empathize. I'm not going to go into this in more detail on a public forum. But I think it's going to be a cold day in Hell before she consents to be seen nude in front of other people.

I think she'll be cool, or at least accepting, of my being nude, though. We'll see.

This post was edited

well if she loves you go for it may be surprised

This post was edited

Best thing I did was get a hot tub. Nobody wants to wear a swimsuit in a hot tub. Great way for her to try it on her terms.

This post was edited

If the club is clothing optional, I would go and invite your wife to attend with you. She can stay dressed and in the camper if she wants and you can be nude. She may come to a different understanding of the lifestyle.

My wife is not a nudist. She will go nude at resorts with me but doesnt want join the club. She allowed me to join. Apparently there was a rule at our club that the spouse had to approve you joining if they were not going to join with you. That rule no longer exists but there is a male to female ratio that is maintained so single males have to wait on a waiting list sometimes.

This post was edited

Hey guys, I love being nude. Every chance I get I'm naked. However I have never been anywhere but my house and backyard. My wife does not share my enthusiasm towards the nude life. When she is around I try to stay dressed she nce it's awkward being nude around her. I don't think I can ever change her mind.Here's the problem. I want to expand my area of nakedness. I want to go to a nudist resort. I do any the feeling of being around other nudists. How do I explain that to my wife? She will think it's all about sex and probably freak out. I don't really want to sneak out on a day off but I'm afraid that's what I might have to do. The place I want to go to, in northern California, has camping so I could park my camper there but that would be real hard to explain.Anyways, if anybody has been in the same situation, I'd appreciate some advice.Am I stuck at home forever?Thanks
Hi Billy. First let me say welcome to TN.
I can relate to your story, mine was very similar. It was also similar to Rockdad's. I had a controlling ex as well. I felt and knew your pain Rock!
I think Rock made a point, which I did in my life as well. Be free to be yourself!

Being nude around my upgrade seemed awkward at first. It wasn't what I/we did, but I wanted to. I wanted the freedom but didn't want discord. My eventual reasoning was, "after a half century of trying to please everyone else in my world, it was time to be free to be me"!

One Sunday morning I just decided I wasn't going to wear my clothes, sat in my favorite chair and read. When Annie woke and joined me for coffee, she didn't say anything at first but finally asked why I was naked. I just told her, "because I can"! I didn't feel like putting my clothes on, that it was more comfortable this way. Later she asked if I was going to get dressed and I told her I didn't think so. I eventually did as I needed to go outside, but it set the stage. It was a side of me she usually didn't see. A bold side. I think she respected it. Better yet, she accepted it.

As time went on, I was nude quite often and we would we conversed about it on occasion. I told her that I was almost 60 years old and if I feel like being naked, I'm gonna be naked! I held my ground most of the time from then on but would compromise from time to time for harmony's sake. Eventually it wasn't an issue any more, even on our back porch.

The following summer we were booked at a convention in Orlando. I told her I wanted to check out a resort called Cypress Cove. After much debate I convinced her to spend our first night there and go on a tour, then head to the convention center for the remaining four nights. I explained that it was clothing optional so there was no expectation for her to follow suit. She finally relented to do it for me but I better not bug her about being nude, which I promised I wouldn't.

We arrived mid afternoon and checked in. Then we were given a golf cart tour. Afterwards we settled into our room and prepared to head out to the pool for some sun and cocktails. Again, I was threatened not to bug her about her clothes which I promised I wouldn't. We headed off for the pool, me nude, her in her suit. We settled into some lounges and prepared our drinks. Within five minutes she said "this is stupid", stood up and pealed her suit off. A half hour later we cancelled our room at the convention center and booked our remaining four days at Cypress. We have gone every year since.

It's wonderful to be married to someone who is respectful of my need to be me. She knew how controlling my ex could be and that I should feel free to express myself however I like, even if she didn't necessarily agree. It opened up a whole new world for both of us.
Sometimes you just have to do what makes you happy.

"Be free to be me" and "because I can" became my words to live by.
I hope my story is helpful.

This post was edited

Hey guys, I love being nude. Every chance I get I'm naked. However I have never been anywhere but my house and backyard. My wife does not share my enthusiasm towards the nude life. When she is around I try to stay dressed she nce it's awkward being nude around her. I don't think I can ever change her mind.Here's the problem. I want to expand my area of nakedness. I want to go to a nudist resort. I do any the feeling of being around other nudists. How do I explain that to my wife? She will think it's all about sex and probably freak out. I don't really want to sneak out on a day off but I'm afraid that's what I might have to do. The place I want to go to, in northern California, has camping so I could park my camper there but that would be real hard to explain.Anyways, if anybody has been in the same situation, I'd appreciate some advice.Am I stuck at home forever?Thanks

How does your wife feel about seeing people who are naked other than you?
My wife is not comfortable with it so a visit to a clothing optional resort would not work for me.
She is fine with me being nude in the house and back yard as long as we don't have company, but she rarely is.

This post was edited