RE:My wife won't get nude.

Best thing I did was get a hot tub. Nobody wants to wear a swimsuit in a hot tub. Great way for her to try it on her terms.

Yes, agree. This is the only time my wife gets nude other than the shower and to sleep.

This post was edited

Lee, thank you for such a well written story. That is my dream but does not seem to be on the horizon. Cypress Cove was my very fist social experience and it was the most liberating experience of my life. Best wishes to you both.

This post was edited

Billy, ALWAYS be honest. I encourage you to explore the options for nude time but always let your wife know where you are going. She may object and disapprove but she will rightfully be more hurt by dishonesty.

This post was edited

My better half feels the same way. She's cool with me going to CO beaches or my club, but won't accompany me...

My wife know that I "sometimes" go to a clothing optional beach, but probably doesn't realize that "sometimes" is "usually".
I just tell her I am going to the beach.
She only goes to the beach when our grandson is coming too or we are on vacation and can walk to it.
I have only made one day trip to a resort. I was going to be in the area for a ride in a race car so I told her there was a pool nearby that I was going to go to afterward and didn't mention that it was clothing optional.
How much time do you spend at the club?
Did you spend more when you were temporarily retired?

This post was edited

Billy, ALWAYS be honest. I encourage you to explore the options for nude time but always let your wife know where you are going. She may object and disapprove but she will rightfully be more hurt by dishonesty.

In addition to what John has said, think of this. If she finds that you were not honest about where you were, why do you think she should then trust you when you said you were not there for sex with others? Once you lose her trust, it will be difficult to regain it again, so dont make her mistrust your motives because she cant trust your word on where you were...

This post was edited

In addition to what John has said, think of this. If she finds that you were not honest about where you were, why do you think she should then trust you when you said you were not there for sex with others? Once you lose her trust, it will be difficult to regain it again, so dont make her mistrust your motives because she cant trust your word on where you were...

This post was edited

This post was edited

Hey guys, I love being nude. Every chance I get I'm naked. However I have never been anywhere but my house and backyard. My wife does not share my enthusiasm towards the nude life. When she is around I try to stay dressed she nce it's awkward being nude around her. I don't think I can ever change her mind.Here's the problem. I want to expand my area of nakedness. I want to go to a nudist resort. I do any the feeling of being around other nudists. How do I explain that to my wife? She will think it's all about sex and probably freak out. I don't really want to sneak out on a day off but I'm afraid that's what I might have to do. The place I want to go to, in northern California, has camping so I could park my camper there but that would be real hard to explain.Anyways, if anybody has been in the same situation, I'd appreciate some advice.Am I stuck at home forever?ThanksHi Billy. First let me say welcome to TN.I can relate to your story, mine was very similar. It was also similar to Rockdad's. I had a controlling ex as well. I felt and knew your pain Rock!I think Rock made a point, which I did in my life as well. Be free to be yourself!Being nude around my upgrade seemed awkward at first. It wasn't what I/we did, but I wanted to. I wanted the freedom but didn't want discord. My eventual reasoning was, "after a half century of trying to please everyone else in my world, it was time to be free to be me"!One Sunday morning I just decided I wasn't going to wear my clothes, sat in my favorite chair and read. When Annie woke and joined me for coffee, she didn't say anything at first but finally asked why I was naked. I just told her, "because I can"! I didn't feel like putting my clothes on, that it was more comfortable this way. Later she asked if I was going to get dressed and I told her I didn't think so. I eventually did as I needed to go outside, but it set the stage. It was a side of me she usually didn't see. A bold side. I think she respected it. Better yet, she accepted it.As time went on, I was nude quite often and we would we conversed about it on occasion. I told her that I was almost 60 years old and if I feel like being naked, I'm gonna be naked! I held my ground most of the time from then on but would compromise from time to time for harmony's sake. Eventually it wasn't an issue any more, even on our back porch.The following summer we were booked at a convention in Orlando. I told her I wanted to check out a resort called Cypress Cove. After much debate I convinced her to spend our first night there and go on a tour, then head to the convention center for the remaining four nights. I explained that it was clothing optional so there was no expectation for her to follow suit. She finally relented to do it for me but I better not bug her about being nude, which I promised I wouldn't.We arrived mid afternoon and checked in. Then we were given a golf cart tour. Afterwards we settled into our room and prepared to head out to the pool for some sun and cocktails. Again, I was threatened not to bug her about her clothes which I promised I wouldn't. We headed off for the pool, me nude, her in her suit. We settled into some lounges and prepared our drinks. Within five minutes she said "this is stupid", stood up and pealed her suit off. A half hour later we cancelled our room at the convention center and booked our remaining four days at Cypress. We have gone every year since.It's wonderful to be married to someone who is respectful of my need to be me. She knew how controlling my ex could be and that I should feel free to express myself however I like, even if she didn't necessarily agree. It opened up a whole new world for both of us.Sometimes you just have to do what makes you happy."Be free to be me" and "because I can" became my words to live by.I hope my story is helpful.

I think "because I can" just became my new slogan :-)

This post was edited

My 1st wife morphed from fun a loving girl to anti naked anti sex. I would love to have handled it differently looking back. I would not have been walking on egg shells about it all or kissing her ass in an attempt to keep her appeased. Heck I was the one working two jobs and then come home only to walk on glass as not to bring on her disdain.

Personally I would not have allowed her to tie me to a whipping post should I raise her ire and fired her earlier than near 20 years when I finally pulled the trigger. Hind sight is 20/20 as they say. We only have a set amount of days and I learned not to let one of them burn in waste especially being the bread winner. I pretty much am disappointed in myself how I dealt with the naked thing all away around back then.

This post was edited

For us it was going to a Korean spa that changed my wife's mind. She loves massages and mineral saunas but she was real apprehensive about the same gender locker room wet area. In a Korean spa in the hot tubs and steam room you have to be naked. She was self-conscious at first but in order to get a body scrub you have to soak for 15 minutes. Once in there she noticed that there were women of all shapes and sizes and no body stared or cared what you looked like. After about 2 years of going to Korean spas on vacations we decided to try a nudist resort. Once again she saw that nobody stared or cared that she was naked. Just good friendly conversation and more eye contact then when she is wearing a bathing suit. She loves it so much now that we bought an RV so that we can travel to nudist resorts around here in the Midwest. However, I still say it is because she realizes that there is no laundry at the end of a nakation.

This post was edited