Question for women of all kinds - how to do this correctly?

Hi! Firstly, i considered posting this in The Ladies Room section but found it was actually full of men (this is a point i'll return to) asking questions and didn't want to add to that, so i hoped i could ask it here. I don't have any female nudist friends at all and never have, and it occurred to me that I'd like to change that as i want to branch out and have a wider selection of friends. I understand how to meet and approach men and have no anxiety about it, but im aware that it's different for women, and i have absolutely no idea how to do it sensitively. When i say different with women, what i mean is I've been on beaches and seen the one lone woman either get hounded by well meaning men saying hello, or conspicuously watched by men who don't mean well who just happen to suddenly want to put their towel down within sight of her. It seems that even if your intentions are honourable, as a man you could easily overwhelm a woman and even make them feel unsafe and the attention must be frustrating. It's not on the same level, but when i was younger i used to get approached by older men a lot, and it got harder and harder to distinguish between someone who's just being friendly and for example the man who suddenly halfway through a seemingly innocent conversation grabbed my wrist so hard it left marks for days. That happened five years ago and i still get a little nervous if someone moves too quickly when im talking to them. I have other stories along those lines and sadly, i imagine stories like that aren't as rare as most would imagine. What are your suggestions for ways you would like to be approached - or is it always going to be potentially something that could overwhelm someone or make them uncomfortable? Even here, on this site, the proportion of women is small and a number of those are fake profiles. I want to make friends with women as at the moment i dont have any female naturist friends, but am wary about messaging them as im aware how many messages you must get. Is there a right way to reach out and make friends with women in naturist circles?

Guys, really looking for the input of women here. I think their perspective will be useful so let's give them the floor on this one

This topic was edited
RE:Question for women of all kinds - how to do this correctly?

Your mistake is thinking a single woman goes to any type beach to meet men. You are doing it, but women dont. They go to relax and get some sun.

Single women are rare at the beach and single women under 50 even rarer. Weve never seen a woman being bothered by a single man, but we tend to stick to areas where there are plenty of other naturists around and any unwanted attention would be quickly dealt with.

If you want to make lady friends do it with your clothes on, itll be much easier.

This post was edited

Hi Lorna, thanks for your input - so when you're at the beach you prefer that noone but Steve talks to you? When i go to the beach, i go for lots of reasons - to meditate, to be in nature, to get exercise etc, but one of them is definitely social. I talk to men while I'm there without issue, but i leave women alone for all the reasons previously explained. I definitely don't go to the beach "to meet women" and the whole premise of the question is an understanding that there are good reasons not to approach them on the beach which is why i currently don't, and dont message women here either. But i have plenty of female friends in normal life - way more than men - i just don't know any who enjoy naturism and since i cant approach them at the beach, can't message them here, and am not welcome at many nudist organisations because of the bias against single men, i don't know how to change that. The question is not "how to pickup up chick's" at the nudist beach - although the suspicion and prejudice single men face (not without some justification) seems to be at play here that the question was interpreted that way, the question i suppose is more about what is a way to interact with people other than older men in nudist circles. And it seems like you're saying there isnt a way?

This post was edited

Neither of us has any prejudice towards single men on a nude beach. You and every other single man has their own reasons for being on that beach.

That nude beach.

I say that nude beach because its as rare to finds a single man on a textile beach as it is to find a single female on a nude one.

So as a man , why dont you go to a textile beach alone?

This post was edited

Oh thankyou for the input freedom2be, yeah i can imagine that being really frustrating. I'll be interested to hear from other women to aee if they agree that there is an okay way to approach you all on the beach?

This post was edited

"You and every other single man has their own reasons for being on that beach."

Hmm, no predjudice against single men? Are you certain about that, because it seems you are at least a little suspicious and as i say, i think there are legitimate reasons for that in a handful of cases, just as heterosexual swinger couples ruin Cap d'agde in France with inappropriate behaviour at sundown, single men have earned a reputation in other places. Also it's pretty weird to have to explain to another nudist why i might choose a nudist beach over a textile beach - the same reasons as you, we're not a different species just because we're independant of a partner. I absolutely do go to textile beaches on my own if i can't get to a nudist one, im just usually on the nudist beach because I'm a nudist and that's my preference so you wouldn't see me at the other beach because im not there. I'm not sure what point that would have proved? This is about finding out how women feel though, not me having to justify the existence of single male nudists. Also if this is Stevie and not Lorna, feel free to sit this one out, i dont think what the female experience of being in the minority on the beach is can be answered by a man.

This post was edited

Ive answered as a couple, we share the same experiences of being on the beach.

Approaching a single woman on a nude beach is no different from approaching a dressed one in a park.

Simply being nude its not an invitation for attention.

If you are waiting for a actual single lady to answer you, I hope you have sandwiches.

This post was edited

You speak for your wife? How very 1950's! So i think you're not getting the question as you seem to think i'm asking for tips from men on how to approach women. Once again, the question is if there is a way to meet women platonically in nudist circles in a way that wont be perceived as harassment or unwanted and only a woman can tell me that, luckily one already has, and i look forward to hearing from any others. I have always suspected women don't want to be bothered and that's why i dont, and why I'm asking here. But then if that's so, does that mean it's impossible for men to be friends with women in the nudist scene? It seems a shame - my best and closest friends are women in textile life so this barrier is new to me, but i can't see a way to overcome it and neither it seems can you

This post was edited

No, mate, I dont speak for her, I speak to her.

This post was edited

But she's not allowed to use the keyboard to say it herself? Have you seen The handmaids tale?

It's interesting that you are so judgemental about the motives of single men in naturism, given that your profile pic is of you suggestively cupping your wife's breast area. Interesting that you dont mind sexualised behaviour as long as it's you doing it, but a man existing on his own must be a pervert.

This post was edited

Well thankyou Pranic_devotion for your considered thoughtful response as a good antidote to the rantings above, but surely the actual women of this site and naturism have something to say on this?

I have lots of thoughts about why naturism is dying - and it absolutely is - but that's a different subject. It's amazing to me that even in a subject that's about women directed at women and can only be answered by women in an effort to improve their experience and try and address an issue they face, men can't resist dominating the conversation, with the exception of the one female voice that joined in earlier. That might be the answer as to why women have the experience they have?

This post was edited