REAL MEN ARE OPEN

I truly fear that social stigmas opposing males being nude with one another is slowly destroying our society

Please dont jump on me
Females were oppressed
I acknowledge that
However I fear that societys culture is destroying males.

Males do need to bond with other males
That does not make them gay but the pressure of possibly being perceived as such has prevented males from sharing with each other

Male/Gentlemdn clubs are criticisizdd
But truly, what is wrong with them

I waz never a pub bloke but acknowledge that males together at the pub truly worked for society.

Many Males feel they
1. are irrelevant
2 Feel ggag to share innermost thoughts with another male is contrary to current society

The consequence: An alarming increase in depression in senior males

It is not uncommon to find that some women loose their passion for sex in later years whilst at that same time. the same seldom applies to males.

The male still loves and is devoted to his wife
There is no way such males would consider an affair with another womam.

Yet they have physical needs
Is it so wrong for a male to share closeness with another male
Added to which , I believe that some 90% of males are bisexual. It all depends on circumstance

So what am I saying
Is it so wrong for males to share a bath together
I think not

This topic was edited
RE:REAL MEN ARE OPEN

I have showered with friends, some nudist, some not. One night a friend came over, we poured some wine and had a bath together, rubbed eachothers feet and legs. It was intimate, candles, music, relaxing. I miss those days. Great to be open and soft and compassionate.

This post was edited

So very well said! We grew up showring as boys in gym class and continued thru high school. Now, there are no shower rooms in schools anymore. This generation as missed out on the best of social nudity times of their lives. Those were some of the best male bonding times of out lives.
I chat with many nudist dudes ,in my generation, and they agree~
Bill

This post was edited

Being open - regarding naked a naked body or naked emotion - implies vulnerability. We are easily judged when we share less than tough guy feelings or show our naked selves, smaller than ideal penis, larger than ideal belly and all. What's interesting is that vulnerability and courage are two sides of the same coin, and both are of the heart. We need to be men of heart. By being open and vulnerable, we can tap into our primal courage and make a positive difference in the world. By hiding, we don't but rather fade into our own lonely irrelevance. Be a man of heart. And if you're a woman reading this, be a woman of heart. I just can't speak for your experience as a man.

This post was edited

My husband, Christian, does naked life coaching. Many clients start out with a robe on but are usually nude by the end of their sessions. It's all done virtually but he finds that as people leave their clothing on the floor it bares their true feelings. Personally, I think the idea is inspired!
Steve

This post was edited

That is awesome
Would be such great therapy for the participants.
Something which I feel would advantage many people if more widely accessed

This post was edited

Bathing together can be very sociable if the bath or shower is large enough. Whether it be communal naked swimming , showering after sports or at home, but in so many places, things like communal showers have stopped through the perceived fear of sexual predators and the stigma /homophobia of being gay. Much of this fear is wrong and has no evidence to prove it, other than perception. I think it is actually the reverse, in that doing away with such communal bathing drives the fear. This hurts those who are gay by being seen as predators, and so drives further homophobia, and further gives out the message that being naked is a private affair and not one to enjoy sharing.

It further adds to the body fascism of having that 'perfect body' for both men and women. Of course, women have suffered this for decades and now it is with men, particularly young men who too are having plastic surgery etc and selling their body image on instagram , tiktok and elsewhere on social media. If they are aspiring to have a better body for their own health reasons, then perhaps we should welcome since so many people are unhealthy in so many ways - that is perhaps a good choice.

To return to the question posed, I would welcome and encourage any form of social nude bathing - swimming, a bath, shower, hot-tub or hot spring. Such a great way to share and be sociable.

This post was edited

We are a threesome - him and I love bathing together / soaking / and showering... wonderful freedom - - love is love!

This post was edited

I agree with you 100%!

This post was edited

Here in the UK, all the public pools built in the past 10 years have mixed-sex shower facilities which means no more naked showering. However, even in the older pools, some guys would shower with their swim shorts on. I always showered naked.

Before Covid, I used to go swimming at a gym which had seperate facilities for men and women. I showered naked whereas others would keep their shorts on or pull the shower curtain across. Asian men were the ones who kept covered up the most so it must be a cultural difference. Oh, and there was a sauna cabin in the men's locker room area. I would have a naked sauna but others would keep a towel wrapped around covering tnemselves from waist to knees. Interestingly, older guys tended to shower and sauna nude whereas the young gym bunnies kept themselvex covered!

This post was edited

I believe that some 90% of males are bisexual.This is probably more semantics than anything, but I don't believe men (in general) are bi-sexual -- at least not in the typical understanding of that term.

I believe that men need close relationships with other men. I used the Bible as my standard and authority in my life -- I'm going to address it from that perspective.

The Bible is very explicit about prohibited sexual behaviors. There's also an example in which the Pharisees question the Messiah about a practice they deemed sinful that Scripture does not deem sinful. This is important because Scripture does not and cannot mention every possible activity and behavior and then say that it is permissible. Rather, it details those activities and behaviors that are not permissible -- it's a much shorter list. The Pharisees believed it was sinful to eat with unwashed hands. However, Scripture doesn't say anything about washing your hands before eating -- in fact, it doesn't say anything about it at all. If it were sinful, it would say so,

The only sexual behavior prohibited in Scripture is anal sex -- and it doesn't matter who the participants are male/male or male/female. It involves contact with human feces, which is prohibited. There are other issues as well, but let's just leave it at that. But don't get me wrong, if you have anal sex, that's none of my business, none of my concern.

The point is, there's no mention in Scripture of jerking yourself off, jerking off another man, or sucking another man's cock. The "Pharisees" of today, would tell you those things are sinful and must not be done. "Certainly, touching another man's cock (unless you're a medical professional) makes you gay or bi." Actually, it makes you a man.

But it's this fear of being gay or bi that prevents men from having the close relationships with other men that they have a deep-down yearning and longing for. I do believe that all or nearly all men have such desires and those desires are good and proper.

This post was edited