summer 20/21

has anyone been out there lately? how is the beach looking?

This topic was edited
RE:summer 20/21

Was there yesterday. Quite busy with the ring of steel removed and a warm day. F:M ratio relatively high (i.e.: perhaps 10%). Sand has moved around a bit, less to the north, but still reasonable. Not sure of the carpark as I walked from the northern end, watercraft also turned up in small numbers. Water cool (14.5C according to baywx), so most just waded, but not exclusively.

This post was edited

Today's cool weather (21.4C max), onshore breezes and a high tide meant next to no dry sand and reasonably large waves for Port Phillip. The sun managed to break through for the most part. Less than 20 by my count, 100% masculine.

This post was edited

Today was warm, calm & sunny. Good crowd with people continuing to come and go. Plenty of room on the sand in contrast to Monday when the tide was blown almost to the cliffs.

Wonderfully clear water (still cold, but manageable in the sunshine) with quite a few small jellyfish and a few large ones washed on the shore. Some watercraft, both for visiting the beach and fishing with a view.

One thing that is different to last year is the distribution of the rocks and sand, the changes of which are a testament to the power of the ocean. Last summer there was quite a bit of usable sand beyond the northern CO limit sign; this year it's all rocks.

All in all, a pleasant place to be today. Tomorrow promises much the same but someone else may need to report in.

This post was edited

Another pleasant day where the warmth took a little time to arrive (eventually eeaching almost 30C) but that didn't stop the beach goers. Carpark full and some cars already parked along the apprt road. Clear views to the city skyline, so the solar radiation was probably quite high. Swimming/surfing lessons at the textile section of Sunnyside. Perhaps the campground is allowed to open again?

I did a count of around 105 including perhaps 20 females. Mostly 100% au naturel, a few Speedo boys, a few boats nearby (dress not determined), and a few clothed walkers including on young lady just checking the scene, but with no time to join in when invited by a regular.

Pleasant, ahead of Thursday (not really beach weather) and Friday (definitely beach weather).

This post was edited

Im hoping to get out there tomorrow. Say hello to the tall tanned lonely looking shy guy when you see him :)

This post was edited

Say hello to the tall tanned lonely looking shy guy when you see him :)
Don't think I'll make it. Wear a smile, perhaps others will recognise the invitation!

This post was edited

Counted about 68 today, if which 8 were female. A slow start to the temperature meant the air did not feel so warm (and neither did the water - I didn't dip!) but a clear atmosphere and light breezes made up for it.

The website https://www.baywx.com.au/temps.html reports mid-bay temperature has reached 18C. Didn't feel like it today.

Shall probably be warmer tomorrow but the winds are forecast to be strong.

This post was edited

Got there in the early afternoon, about the same time as the cloud also arrived. There were still patches of sunshine. The onshore breeze meant there were white caps and just a little sand being blown. Still worth being there, though; last nice day for the rest of the week. Counted around 50 when I checked; including 7 females. Water still on the cold side, the official reading is 18.4C (65F) but it felt less than that.

This post was edited

Hmmm, Monday may just be nice enough in a week of iffy weather. It may only be 22C or so in the coast, but if it's sunny and the breezes are light then the morning may be okay before the showers set in. Let's see...

This post was edited

Well, it was pretty-much cloudy right through and a bit cooler than I was hoping for, but I went anyway. About a dozen at any one time including the occasional walker (perhaps they expected fewer nudists?) and one female sitting on a rock in the CO section (just) but in a sundress and floppy hat. She was fine as I said 'Hi!' when I passed. Clothed walkers meant I kept my swimsuit on until the sign but, heading out, I got as far as the path up to the carpark before covering. Had I not done that I would have been fine if not for the car that arrived just as I was reaching mine.

Worth the trip, especially as the next beach-worthy day may not be until Boxing Day.

This post was edited