Is anyone here a member of ...

'The Marriage Bed' discussion forums? (A discussion forum regarding intimacy & sex from a Christian perspective.)

If so, what are your thoughts/resposnes to many of those that do not
agree that nudism can be aligned with Christianity and have you spoken
out on that forum about your views or beliefs?

(Reposted here from the Couples section at the recommendation of a member.)

This topic was edited
RE: Is anyone here a member of ...

While I'm neither a couple or much of a Christian, I did spend a lifetime in church, two years in a private school, and had the Bible beat into my head. The Bible doesn't mention much about nudity because it was common practice in Biblical days... it didn't need discussing it was a common fact of life just like going to the market was a common fact of life. "And if thou art a carpenter thou shalt purchase two chickens and shall accept no price greater than a days worth of labor." They didn't talk about it because it was just a part of the culture that didn't rub with Christianity. According to the Bible we were born naked, and only covered due to our own shame at the thought of being so. Clothing was a necessity of man, not a necessity of God... it was just provided by God to make that early man who was just coming into having their eyes opened to the negative of the world more comfortable in themselves. David was naked, and not just Michelangelo's David the actual figure of David. Clothes were necessary because a lot of the Bible was written in an area where it was desert, but otherwise it wasn't talked about. During the time of Roman rule nudity would have been the norm in many places, as well as during the time of Babylonia as it was comparable to the Greek era. Clothes weren't really made "mandatory" until we started really getting into the Christian church as run by Paul. When we read letters like Romans and Timothy Paul kind of encourages the church to make themselves appear different from the world so as to show people the love of Christ and how it changes you... and part of that are these suggestions on how to live your life so as to better yourself and make your brother not stumble, but most are things not actually required to be a Christian. I mean women can get their hair done fancy and still be Christians, but Paul encouraged otherwise. 1 Timothy 2:9 "In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with
shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls,
or costly array". They were just additional standards of living, and get into what my grandma likes to call "personal salvation". Her argument there is "it might not be a sin to do something like drink a Coke, but if it causes you temptation to do it uncontrollably, then it's a sin for you, and if it causes your brother to stumble in that way, respect it and abstain in his presence." I think that's where clothing kind of started becoming the norm, I mean that's the argument of the Amish as well as the German Baptists and others like them that wear the old style hats and dresses.
On the level of couples and sex, it has become this almost solemn notion that your nude body is a sexual image meant only for your chosen spouse, and that all others should not see you in such a way, at least in those conservative Christian views. So, nudism has a tendency to conflict with those old school kind of Christian's and it has become almost a sin in people's eyes because they've decided it's a perverted sexual statement. Honestly I think we still fight with that on the level of how we publically talk about sexual arousal... sexual arousal in itself is not wrong, even if it's a public thing... I mean it's as natural as being nude, as long as nothing is done with it I don't see a reason to make a big deal about it. The polite thing to do is ignore it, on both sides of the equation, that's what we do with nudism right? That's the big argument, that we just see the person not what they're showing us of their body so the sexual feelings don't exist so it's a safe neutral environment that we feel completely OK exposing our children too or our spouses or our friends or perfect strangers even. There's a difference between being sexual aroused and doing sexual activities, just like there's a difference between being angry and acting on that anger, and just like there's a difference between being sad and bursting into loud dramatic tears in public. In the same way our bodies are free expressions, and in the same way couples nudity and sexuality doesn't conflict with Christianity.

This post was edited

YBM, your writtings on nudism andChristianity made good reading untill you tried (again)to assert your view that public erections are acceptable - they are not!

This post was edited

YBM, your writtings on nudism and Christianity made good reading untill you tried (again) to assert your view that public erections are acceptable - they are not!

Thank you for posting a sane response. Many things are natural, but I don't to witness them in a public nudist setting.

This post was edited

YBM, your writtings on nudism and Christianity made good reading untill you tried (again) to assert your view that public erections are acceptable - they are not!

Thank you for posting a sane response. Many things are natural, but I don't to witness them in a public nudist setting.

Agreed - the natural occurence of an erection should be saved for those times of sexual intimacy between a husband & wife, not shared with the general popluation at a nude beach or resort.

This post was edited
k

sorry im not a member

This post was edited

Agreed - the natural occurence of an erection should be saved for those times of sexual intimacy between a husband & wife, not shared with the general popluation at a nude beach or resort.

**Ignore this post if you're reading on the topic because it's not on the topic of couples and Christianity**

I actually wrote that as a slight comparison to this issue as it's the same kind of discomfort over nothing... but OK, let's talk about erections then. Even if something around you is causing a sexual arousal and it really is the issue of being there... what's the harm in having one? There's a difference between carrying a loaded gun and shooting it. You only shoot a gun if it's appropriate, meaning you're at a shooting range or it's in self defense... but you can carry it with you ready. This issue with erections is pretty simple, people are noticing a loaded gun and making a big deal like you're about to shoot them when in all honesty it might just be something that you have with you at the time. I mean seriously it's not a big deal. I mean in regular polite society if you see someone with an erection if they ignore it you do... I guess I'm wondering how taking your clothes off makes it different... because you can see more than an outline? Would it be acceptable if I had a suit on and it was there? It's just silly, not only has hardly anyone said something if in my experiences someone gets an erection if they say anything at all it's positive... it's just a ridiculous conversation to have because at the end of the day in real life... you know beyond this little box real life, people don't care as long as you're not like actively doing something with it.

**Restarting conversation that was before**
I just think Christianity needs an overhaul anyway, there's so many people that use it to be judgmental of others when the Bible says only God judges you, Tupac said it too but you know, and that according to Jesus the keys to getting into heaven were as simple as "honor the lord thy god" and "love thy neighbor as thyself". I mean not to hate on Catholics but their entire religion is about a governing body of priests who tell you God's will instead of you finding it for yourself... you rely on a group of men who just decided to make this a career to tell you what God says when a walk with God is personal. I feel a lot of people use Christianity anymore to justify their own sins while shouting out the sins of others in an effort to make them look bad and take attention off of your problems. Whenever you organize a system of beliefs, people are going to be out there that won't fit your mold for your idea of a perfect "this". Christianity isn't just about setting yourself to a higher standard, it's about accepting the things that people do for themselves as well even if you don't agree, and through your life showing them that your path is superior.

This post was edited

Young, omniscient and self-important. That's a dangerous combination. Kid, you can defend having a boner in a nudist venue until the sun goes nova, but it is NOT acceptable, period. Live with it.
Let's see... 100% convinced you're right and won't listen to reason... yet you call me omniscient? haha, ok, how about I do you?
Old, stuck in his ways, and resistant to change. That's actually a really harmless combination, because eventually you just die and then the people willing to accept that things are not what you assume based on your limited and stunted growth due to an inability to change with the times (I'm actually kind of surprised you even own a computer) simply step forward. The funny thing is I don't claim to know everything, but I know from experience whether I'm right or whether I'm wrong eventually your ideas will be nothing but a relic, as will mine one day in the far off future. Things change, and if you refuse to change with them then you end up dying out... may you R.I.P.

This post was edited

Young, omniscient and self-important. That's a dangerous combination. Kid, you can defend having a boner in a nudist venue until the sun goes nova, but it is NOT acceptable, period. Live with it.
Let's see... 100% convinced you're right and won't listen to reason... yet you call me omniscient? haha, ok, how about I do you?
Old, stuck in his ways, and resistant to change. That's actually a really harmless combination, because eventually you just die and then the people willing to accept that things are not what you assume based on your limited and stunted growth due to an inability to change with the times (I'm actually kind of surprised you even own a computer) simply step forward. The funny thing is I don't claim to know everything, but I know from experience whether I'm right or whether I'm wrong eventually your ideas will be nothing but a relic, as will mine one day in the far off future. Things change, and if you refuse to change with them then you end up dying out... may you R.I.P.

This post was edited