RE: Running Nude

Anyone going to the 5k at Whispering Pines Aug 4? I'm probably going to go.

This post was edited

As nice as it is to run naked, any distance like 5k is too prolonged flopitude, and it aches for a while.

This post was edited

I don't have much to flop so I should be good. It'll be fun. Finally I can streak legally!

This post was edited

I have a treadmill in my basement, so running nude is no problem for me. However, to be able to run nude outside is going to be a bigger challenge.

This post was edited

Anytime that I pick up the pace or the grade, the torso and thigh slapping leads to that dull, benumbed, achey feeling down there. Normally, an epsom salts bath can help and some intermittent ice. I just find that any jock or nylon mesh support prevents that feeling.

This post was edited

Hot weather puts added stress on the body. Adding exercise to the mix makes it even harder for the body to function properly.
To cool itself, the body sends extra blood circulating through the skin. This takes blood away from the muscles, which in turn increases heart rate. This trifecta of events leaves the body vulnerable to heat illness.
Heres what to watch out for:
Heat Cramps
These are painful muscle contractions occurring mainly in the calves, quadriceps and abdominals.
Heat Exhaustion
When experiencing heat exhaustion, body temperatures can rise as high as 104 degrees. This includes the onset of symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, headache, fainting, dizzy spells, weakness, and clammy skin.
Heat Stroke
When experiencing heat stroke, body temperatures can rise in excess of 104 degrees. The body will be hot to the touch, but perspiration will be non-existent. If left untreated, heat exhaustion can lead to organ failure, brain damage, and even death.
Athletic fatigue may involve weakness and nausea. Ultimately, the only way around any type of heat illness is preparation and avoidance.

Heres how to overcome the dangers of running in the heat:
1. Know what you are getting into.
Be aware of the temperature outside and adjust your workout if it is abnormally hot.
2. Hydrate.
Dehydration can easily lead to heat illness. If you are planning a hard workout, substitute a sports drink for water. The sports drink will be higher in sodium, chloride and potassium.
3. Dress for the weather.
Think lightweight and breathable. Stay away from dark colors and wear a hat.
4. Ease into it.
If its the first hot day of the year, postpone your long run. Be smart, be patient and be healthy

This post was edited

And never, ever, forget to wear sunscreen.

This post was edited

I've partaken in 2 of the last 3 Naked Burro 5K runs at Olive Dell Nudist Ranch in Colton, CA. The first time, I jogged and walked and attended by myself. The 2nd Annual Naked Burro, my wife accompanied me and we walked together. I was having foot trouble so walking was the best I could muster. Because of foot surgery, I had to skip this year's run but hope to be able to at least walk it next year.I ran track in HS. I often thought about dispensing with the jockstrap while running but then thought against it. Wish I had the guts to have done that back then. I used to use the treadmill while nude but don't use it currrently with these foot issues. Hope to at least get on that machine and do a little quick pace walking in the nude in about 2 months.I talked to a couple of "cottontails" at the 5K run. They were not nudists but avid 5 and 10 runners and competitors. The one guy that won the race stated that that was his first time running nude and that he'd be returning each year to compete because he loved the feeling and freedom. He did return and has won ALL three times. He also runs in these very thin soledsandles that tie around his ankle and part of his leg. They are anIndian running sandle. Really cool looking and takes some practice to lace them up correctly. These are all he runs in because it'smost like running barefoot, which he prefers. He just needs to get rid of that cottontail! LOL

This post was edited

I'm doing the 5K at whispering Pines. I've done the one at White Tail and Cedar creek this year already.I've got a whole shelf of nude race t-shirts

This post was edited

the only time i ran naked was when i was
kid because my girlfriends father came home from
work early

This post was edited