I believe show neither an obssesion to be clothed nor an obsession to be nude

ive been thinking and i think that to be always nude is as bad as being always clothed. Being clothed is bad because you are ruled by your inhibition and need to hide and being too conservative. eg wear clothes when its boiling hot inside only cause of your covering beliefs. But then again being nude when itks freezing just cause of your being nude beliefs is bad too.
i think the best way to have a purely practical attitude towards clothes and show neither an obsession to hide your body or an obssession to be nude. Be nude where pratical ie swimming, bathing; when you feel hot; and be clothed when practical when its in the heat of the day when at most risk of burning, when your cold, when your working with tools in kitchens and workshops. So if your nude where it is pratical to wear clothes eg workshops your motivation appears to be more in the sexual realm but if your wear clothes where it is practical not to like when bathing you seem to so much inhibited that your denying that your human and your way too uptight and stuffy:

This topic was edited
RE: I believe show neither an obssesion to be clothed nor an obsession to be nud

ive been thinking and i think that to be always nude is as bad as being always clothed. Being clothed is bad because you are ruled by your inhibition and need to hide and being too conservative. eg wear clothes when its boiling hot inside only cause of your covering beliefs. But then again being nude when itks freezing just cause of your being nude beliefs is bad too. i think the best way to have a purely practical attitude towards clothes and show neither an obsession to hide your body or an obssession to be nude. Be nude where pratical ie swimming, bathing; when you feel hot; and be clothed when practical when its in the heat of the day when at most risk of burning, when your cold, when your working with tools in kitchens and workshops. So if your nude where it is pratical to wear clothes eg workshops your motivation appears to be more in the sexual realm but if your wear clothes where it is practical not to like when bathing you seem to so much inhibited that your denying that your human and your way too uptight and stuffy:

When nudists/naturists lost their clothes, they didn't lose their common sense.

This post was edited
RE: I believe show neither an obssesion to be clothed nor an obsession to be nud

There are a number of reasons people wear clothes:
1. To protect the body. This is set aside at obvious peril - but often enough, I think, by newer nudists who are reacting against reason #2.
2. To hide the body. This is probably the very last of the reasons for clothing to have developed, and the one all nudists set aside.

The remaining functions of clothing may, or may not, be part of a nudist's lifestyle or a nudist venue's customs:
3. Social identity. From shirts vs. skins volleyball to nuns, soldiers, suited lawyers, and robed judges, preppies, hippies, and so forth - clothing is used to speak to identity and status. It was used thus even in societies like the classical Mediteranean civilizations that accepted nudity fairly easily.
4. To decorate the body. This may have been the very first reason for clothing, with protection following.
5. To signal sexual availability, or lack thereof. From the hooker's hot pants and fishnet hose to the married Orthodox Jewish woman's wig. Some venues permit both nuditiy and street dress but forbid lingerie, because of this function of clothes. Except possibly for slaves, nudity has not generally been used as a social signal for sexual availability.
6. Celebration and fellow-feeling.
The attendees at a dressy wedding, the riders on a mardi gras float, the crowd at a hip cafe - a certain conformity in clothing helps create a sense of occasion.

This post was edited
RE: I believe show neither an obssesion to be clothed nor an obsession to be nude

To me it seems that we could classify most nudies to three categories, though rarely anyone falls clean to any, as most somewhat combine the elements:
1) Leisure nudies. They like to go to nude beaches or resort, their nudity is almost exclusively related to sunbathing, swimming and similar leisure activities.
2) Home nudies. They like to sleep and do things at home nude. Either alone or with whoever is part of the household, but they either too shy or not social enough to engage in social activities in nude outside premises of their own home/cottage etc.
3) Allround nudies. Those who like to be nude whenever possible and reasonable. Varies only in interpreatation as some limit it to places/situations that are either home or specifically designed for nude/clothing optional recreation and others again maximize, trying to be nude anywhere as long as not causing confusion or commotion. Personally varies where one draws the line and how negative/neutral/positive the society around is about non-sexual nudity. Some, mainly European countries very liberal, others again stricter so according to society the possibilities for nudity outside designed areas vary a lot.

Using clothing for protective and/or decorative purposes is pure common sense, though admittedly one may risk a few things for the comfort of nudity, like extending the limits of when it is temperaturewise comfy to be nude outdoors or what kind of dishes can be cooked without risk of hot spills and thus not using an apron.

This post was edited

I wear clothes when it's necessary and are nude when it's practical. Like most people on this web site, we're nudists, not idiots.

Ditto !

This post was edited

Suzanne and I wear clothes when it's necessary and are nude when it's practical. Like most people on this web site, we're nudists, not idiots.

Amen and right on!

This post was edited