Update on the status of the site (Slowness, Maintenance etc)

Well the last 2 weeks have been pretty rough. We've reached the peak of what our server can handle and have been trying to transition onto our "Super Sweet" server setup. The site has grown like wildfire and we've got over 75000 users and we're handling over 12 million pageviews a month. The transition to the new server has had a few hiccups but we're almost there.

Given that the site hosts around 75GB worth of images, the transition has been slow and tedious. We were temporarily on the server tonight but there was an issue with the algorithm that determines the location of profile images, hence why there were no images to be seen.

While we were on the server though, the speed was phenomenal and I'm very excited to get over there. Tomorrow is a new day, and now everything is on the new server. Once I fix these hiccups we should be able to transition smoothly with about 20-30 minutes of downtime total.

The new server will allow me to test out some of the new features I've setup for the new site launch which is coming in the next month or so. So stay tuned and thanks for being true nudists.

This topic was edited
Re:Update on the status of the site (Slowness, Maintenance etc)

Thank you T1, the site is flying now..

This post was edited
RE: Update on the status of the site (Slowness, Maintenance etc)

Just to inform, not to complain, there were a few posts lost in the forums. Just so people know.

This post was edited

Many Thanks TT1

This post was edited

The site is superfast today, thanks for your efforts TT1!

This post was edited

Thank you (((((((TT1)))))))

This post was edited

Bravo for all ya do T1. It is a task not many can do at the excellence ya have.......
Do appreciate time and effort ya spend to make sooooo many happy.

This post was edited
Thanks!

This post was edited
RE: Thanks!

Your efforts are GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thank You

This post was edited

I have to add to it too! Thank you for all that you do to keep us connected!

This post was edited
Thanks

Thank you for all your hard work!!!

This post was edited