Something new in the latest book i am reading

I am reading my 53rd book for the year. The current one is about two Kiwis who consider themselves to be morons ride between two Mongolian cities named Moron. Hence the title Moron to Moron. Their antics and adventures are a hoot and often contain casual nudity like skinny dipping. It is the first book I have read that a QR code is part of the text. So after reading about being caught in a hail storm I got to watch a short clip of the scene. Another clip shows them breaking into their emergency can of canned meat and finding it resembled cat food complete with gel around the awful tasting meat. Fun to picture it in my mind then see it played out.

Anyone else read a book with this extra in it?

This topic was edited
RE:Something new in the latest book i am reading

I haven't seen a book with an embedded QR code yet. It's an interesting concept, but I'm not sure how practical it is. I do have an old book that included a soft vinyl record so one could listen to the music played by the band that the book was about. I guess the QR code is an updated version of that. Now I'm starting to wonder how long the link to the video will be live and working.

This post was edited

i found this book at Half Price Books and it was published in 2013 in Auckland and Sydney. The vimeo site is still active and viewable. Not sure how it ended up in N. E. Indiana but I am glad that it did.

I have a couple of books with CDs in them. One called My Fellow Americans with a speech from each President. The ones that they have recorded versions are on the CD. The most intriguing one is a recording made in 1938 at the 75th anniversary of Gettysburg Address. It was read by an 85 year old man who had heard Lincoln give it when he was 10 yrs old.
There is another book " We Interrupt this Broadcast" about world shaking events from the Hindenburg on.

This post was edited

I do have an old book that included a soft vinyl record so one could listen to the music played by the band that the book was about.

I read a library book like that once: Tuva or Bust by Richard Feynman. It had a vinyl record of traditional Tuvan throat singing -- an unusual technique in which the singer produces a low note and a high note at the same time.

This post was edited

I read a library book like that once: Tuva or Bust by Richard Feynman. It had a vinyl record of traditional Tuvan throat singing -- an unusual technique in which the singer produces a low note and a high note at the same time.

with my lack of musical talent and the inability to carry a note even if it had 5 handles on it. most would say that when i sing it sounds like i am producing all kinds of notes all the time.

This post was edited