Popularity

Could anyone please tell me what "popularity" means below the Statistics heading. Mine has over 43,000 ? but dont know what it is.
Thanks.

This topic was edited
RE:Popularity

It means you are only 43000th on the list.

This post was edited

So what you are saying is there are 43000 members more popular than me. If that's so, i'm fine with that, it means nothing, just wanted to know.
Thanks.

This post was edited

Could anyone please tell me what "popularity" means below the Statistics heading. Mine has over 43,000 ? but dont know what it is.Thanks.

TN has thus far declined to enlighten us as to what exactly goes into this number. Members have speculated it is based on number of views of your profile/media and/or number of posts you have made and/or number of "likes" your profile/posts have gotten. It could be any of these, any combination of these, or none of the above. By whatever criteria is used, I am currently at 721, and as best as I can remember, that number has been fairly consistant over the years. (Which leads me to believe less than a 1000 are actually active on the site). While I do post occasionally (normally to answer someones question), I am by no means anywhere near the most prolific poster, and I only have a handful of media posted. My profile does currently have just shy of 53,000 views, but only 14 likes.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Enjoy the site, such as it is, contribute when/where you can.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

those numbers are just a joke and no even need to do a philosophical debate of a basic ranking. I just have one year in the site and already became popular reaallly quickly but that does mean anything. Better to be popular in the real world.

True. But you post quite a bit and I suspect as such, your profile gets a lot of views. I suspect it is mostly number of views in a rolling time period.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited