How Do You Handle Friend's Requests?

I've read several posts in the forums about friends requests and wanted to poll the membership about your opinions and to learn how other people handle them. I have only initiatedone friend request myself and wasn't added by the person so maybe she didn't feel I was her fiendship type or perhaps she hasn't signed on since I made the request. But that is beside the point. Once I received "True Nudist" status, I received a number of friends requests. Since I'm new I decided to just pretty much take people at face value which is how I hope others take me. So if I get a request I approve it and add them. The majority of the photos I post are categorized as "Friends Only" so perhaps some people ask me to add them just out of curiosity. But I suppose I will add anyone who asks and if something should develop as time goes on that makes me feel it isn't someone I'm really compatible with as far as a friend then I'll delete them. But what do you do? Especially those who have been on the site for a while. Are you more discriminating when it comes to approving friends requests? If so, what method do you use to decide on who to add and who to deny? Just curious.

This topic was edited
RE: How Do You Handle Friend's Requests?

I've read several posts in the forums about friends requests and wanted to poll the membership about your opinions and to learn how other people handle them. I have only initiatedone friend request myself and wasn't added by the person so maybe she didn't feel I was her fiendship type or perhaps she hasn't signed on since I made the request. But that is beside the point. Once I received "True Nudist" status, I received a number of friends requests. Since I'm new I decided to just pretty much take people at face value which is how I hope others take me. So if I get a request I approve it and add them. The majority of the photos I post are categorized as "Friends Only" so perhaps some people ask me to add them just out of curiosity. But I suppose I will add anyone who asks and if something should develop as time goes on that makes me feel it isn't someone I'm really compatible with as far as a friend then I'll delete them. But what do you do? Especially those who have been on the site for a while. Are you more discriminating when it comes to approving friends requests? If so, what method do you use to decide on who to add and who to deny? Just curious.

No real method to be honest. We are a friendly and fairly open sort of couple so requests to be
added to our friends list are usually successful ... however ...
inclusion on the list does not automatically entitle folk to demand our
off site email, our phone number, our address etc., a point that some folk seem to miss - not just on this site either.
Love n stuff
Rudie x

This post was edited

I tend to accept most friend requests, the ones I don't have just a genital shot for profile, a private profile with no prior contact. I have also removed people from my friends list based on their actions in chat or in messages.

This post was edited

Well, my deliberate, slightly acidic profile has worked, in as much as I'm not bothered too much by unwanted friend requests, but, I now think I'm going to have to rethink my philosophy, on my friend acceptance criteria.
Wow, that sounds a bit serious. What I mean is, so far, I have only accepted friends that I have conversed with, I feel that I should know ALL of them, and not just collect hundreds of profiles that I will never get to speak to, and in turn, become a piece of meat or a statistic for someone else's list. I also think that EVERYONE should set their pics to "truenudist only" and if you're a bit shy, you could also set some to friends only. That would make it much less attractive to the pervs and more fun and interesting for us truenudists.
BUT, what seems to be happening, is that a lot of people are setting their profiles to private, or at least setting pics to friends only, so even though I am finally a certified truenudist, it's a bit like visiting a club and having to wear a blindfold. Not my idea of social nudity at all.
So, as I should probably "chill out" a bit anyway, I'm going to have to start sending and accepting requests just so that I can get to see, IF someone is a potential friend or not. My friends list will NOW become my ACQUAINTANCE list. If they are potential friends, fine, and if not, I'll have to delete them. If they DO become friends, i.e. we actually converse on occasion, and seem to click, I will promote them to my "BEST FRIENDS" list, which is on my blog, so that I can find them quickly. It's a shame, if only certification were more thorough, and everyone would used the privacy settings as they were intended, this would not be necessary. I also think (unlike some have stated) that you should NOT, have to have frequent communication with friends. In MY book, a friend is someone who is always there in the background, who may or may not chat often, but is ALWAYS there if you need them. For me, that is especially true on here, where there are so many, that frequent communication is just not practical.
So Edith the lesson for today! hehe. all donations are VERY welcome and should be sent to, .......

Phil.

ps. Rudie, love your sense of humour, very much enjoyed reading your profile, will send FR asap :)

This post was edited

Well, my deliberate, slightly acidic profile has worked, in as much as I'm not bothered too much by unwanted friend requests, but, I now think I'm going to have to rethink my philosophy, on my friend acceptance criteria. Wow, that sounds a bit serious. What I mean is, so far, I have only accepted friends that I have conversed with, I feel that I should know ALL of them, and not just collect hundreds of profiles that I will never get to speak to, and in turn, become a piece of meat or a statistic for someone else's list. I also think that EVERYONE should set their pics to "truenudist only" and if you're a bit shy, you could also set some to friends only. That would make it much less attractive to the pervs and more fun and interesting for us truenudists. BUT, what seems to be happening, is that a lot of people are setting their profiles to private, or at least setting pics to friends only, so even though I am finally a certified truenudist, it's a bit like visiting a club and having to wear a blindfold. Not my idea of social nudity at all. So, as I should probably "chill out" a bit anyway, I'm going to have to start sending and accepting requests just so that I can get to see, IF someone is a potential friend or not. My friends list will NOW become my ACQUAINTANCE list. If they are potential friends, fine, and if not, I'll have to delete them. If they DO become friends, i.e. we actually converse on occasion, and seem to click, I will promote them to my "BEST FRIENDS" list, which is on my blog, so that I can find them quickly. It's a shame, if only certification were more thorough, and everyone would used the privacy settings as they were intended, this would not be necessary. I also think (unlike some have stated) that you should NOT, have to have frequent communication with friends. In MY book, a friend is someone who is always there in the background, who may or may not chat often, but is ALWAYS there if you need them. For me, that is especially true on here, where there are so many, that frequent communication is just not practical. So Edith the lesson for today! hehe. all donations are VERY welcome and should be sent to, ....... Phil. ps. Rudie, love your sense of humour, very much enjoyed reading your profile, will send FR asap :)
Phil,
Thanks for the on spot insight which I found very helpful. Being new, I did set my photos for friends only but what you said makes perfect sense so I have now set them to "truenudist" as you suggested. That does make more sense and seems more in keeping with the intent of the site.

This post was edited

I like to see a face in the profile picture. I automatically turn down people whose profile pic is a rear endfacing the camera. A filled out profile helps and certification was considered a big plus in my book until someone explained on the forum how it could be cheated.

This post was edited

A face shows him/her as a real person with personality. I pictures of just a body doesn't show this.

This post was edited

Time for a bump!

This post was edited

And another bump
and again!

This post was edited

There are a variety of sites that have "friend" functions. From Facebook to AOL & Yahoo to dating sites to specific interest sites like this. Unfortunately many people seem to (ab)use friend requests to simply gain status on that site or spam users.
My goal on sites is to find people for networking who share something in common (nudist, people of color, central FL resident, etc.) and perhaps find one special person to spend time with (i.e.; dating). So if I receive a seemingly blind request I look at what the person has in their profile, who their friends are, how MANY friends they have, what groups they are a part of and any posts they may have made in the group.s. If I don't see a clear commonality I frequently reject the request without further action. Sometimes I'll at least write the person and see what type of conversation, if any, I get back and basically ask why they were interested in "friending" me.
When making friend requests I look for people based on the above criteria. Unless it's someone I know or the person expresses an interest making "friends" with people sharing a particular interest I usually don't send a blind friend request. In cases like this I usually will send a seperate message first (or if they system's friend request function provides, a message in the request) to guage their interest.
I usually am turned off by people who have hundreds or thousands of "friends". But on Facebook I have friended people who might not be a good match for me if they have a lot of mutual friends or their friends may have more in common. (I found an old classmate once on Facebook through accepting a friend request of another classmate who wasn't necessarily someone I knew that well. He didn't have our old school in his profile, lived in another state, didn't have a pictureand was even going by his middle name instead of his first name. Only by friending the other person were we able to find each other.)

This post was edited

Having now accrued 15 months worth of hindsight, (how time fly's when your having fun :) I would also point out that as you can only see the last 20 friends that have recently logged on, on your "My Account" page, by keeping your list as small as possible, you can better see, which of your good friends, have been active, instead of a whole load of people you don't really know. It's also worth repeating, that a quick look a someone's friends, and groups lists, can give you an idea of if you really want to get to know them.

This post was edited