RE: How Do You Handle Friend's Requests?

if [True Nudist Certified] YES else if [Photo contains erection / open vagina] NO else if [Photo contains only single body part] NO else if [100+ friends] NO else if [Profile is empty] NO else if [Profine contains sexual references] NO else if [Profile is believable] YES else NO That's about it. If I'm missing something, I'll add it later. :)

That's about my thoughts :)

This post was edited

I would be more interested in hearing if and how people say "thanks but no thanks". Personally, we don't like to just hit deny. From our perspective, it seems a reasonable courtesy to at least respond with a message to those who you would rather not add as friends. Hi, Thank you for the friend invite. We are always happy to meet other true nudists. We think the truenudists.com certification process is an excellent idea. It is very easy and we try to encourage all our friends to complete it. We notice you have not yet been certified. We will keep your invite in pending until you get your certification. Send us a message when you have been certified and we will be happy to accept your friend invite. Regards Steve & Denise

Hey guys, point well made, it's all about manners... We tried that for a long time. Our results: People who would still continue to request our friendship over and over, and then the most recent was the person who responded to OUR message saying that it wasn't worth the effort to get to know us so they wouldn't bother us any more!? #$%#%^#^%&! What? (Heads still shaking...)

But that aside, we request someone to email us first, send a message, tell us why you think we'd be good friends, let us know what your interest in us is, first. But if you liken the typed word hear as a voice on a telephone, and THEY call you, expecting YOU to be the first one to say something, it doesn't work. Personally, when I call people, I call for a reason, to chat about something, not to wait for a connection and hope that THEY want to talk to ME.... how absurd would that be?

But there are those who message us first, and if they do, but for whatever reason, we decide NOT to accept the friends request, we will send a message back. It's only considerate to do so. But empty requests from people who just randomly as us to be friends? Forget it. It's rude and disrespectful. Especially when that behaviour tells us that they weren't even interested enough to read our profile. It's a whole new world online....

Just be the person you are, mind your manners and you will be well respected...

S

This post was edited

"...But there are those who message us first, and if they do, but for whatever reason, we decide NOT to accept the friends request, we will send a message back. It's only considerate to do so. But empty requests from people who just randomly as us to be friends? Forget it. It's rude and disrespectful. Especially when that behaviour tells us that they weren't even interested enough to read our profile. It's a whole new world online....

Just be the person you are, mind your manners and you will be well respected...

S..."
Pretty much what Steve just stated...if I haven't messaged you or you me or chatted in the Chat Room, or bumped into each other in an airport security line ...then friends requests are just denied

This post was edited

Since I am a married male and only looking for male buddies, I do NOT accept female friends unless they are coupled and the partner is included in the site. As for male friends, If I like whatI see and read,I am more likely to add. IF, on the otherhand I get a request from someone whose profile is set to "Can only be viewed by friends" and I haven't had any contact with them well - SORRY, you're a NO NO.

I have received several friends request and found the profile to be available to friends only. Rather than reject them, I approve as friends. When the profile is available I check to see what type of photos they have posted, what groups they have joined and take a look at their friends. On occasion, if I dont like what Ive seen I simply go to edit friends and click the x. Poof, the are gone, probably before they found themselves to be temporally approved.

This post was edited
Re Friends list

I think that many people on here are too hung up on petty things.
Someone being your "Friend" on here doesnt give anyone any special privliges .. Unless you mark your photos for "Friends only"
I guess some people have their reasons to do that, but since i dont censor anything or anyone, I just accept anyone who asks and then I can always purge them if they turn out to be losers.
Most people are nice enough, so our list is long.

This post was edited
How to handle

Just go woth your feelings when you look at hte request & read what you see in front of you!!

This post was edited
RE: How to handle

I deny all unless they've chatted with me and seemed nice. :)

This post was edited

At first I was puzzled as to why old topics would be drug up again, but then it dawned on me that this is a topic that probably should be revisited every few months, as we have new blood who have the same questions we "oldtimers" had at another time. So, Marcus...thanks for reminding us.
Gator1

This post was edited

as a newbie, my experience is to accept everybody!!! why discriminate ? what purpose does it serve? yes being friends allows you to se e pics others canot see, but besides that what other advantages do u enjoy? I do not see any reason to deny, do u?

This post was edited
adding friends

I add friends freely. The thing I love about being a nudist is being non judgmental. Yes some people add because they want to see pics, I have no problem with that, I feel the same way when looking at profiles. We are not so different from eachother. I like men, women, gay straight and bi, even transgender. We are all human and we are all in this nudist world together. I am looking for friends and networking. I won't judge based on age either.
Those are my 2 cents.
Cheers, Brendan

This post was edited