RE: A Good Day

Beachlover,There are many pictures available-I didn't want to steal Adams'. Great story. I'd love to see the canyon someday.(for the record, I don't think this violates a copyright-I pulled it off of tripadvisor...ref:https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60753-d106552-r11374897-Canyon_de_Chelly_National_Monument-Chinle_Arizona.html
Another neat place to see some cliff dewellings is the Mogollon or Gila Dewellings about 30 miles north west of Silver City, NM. I was there about ten years ago. If you google it there are lots of photos online.

This post was edited
RE: Something Good

"I'll begin...yesterday I went fossil hunting with a very close friend, and we found the biggest ammonite I have ever seen from that location."
I love fossil hunting but have not done that nude yet. I need to add that to my list! There's a river down state where you can sift for shark teeth and other bits but I've always had to wear shorts at the time.

This post was edited

Fossil hunting naked is what we do all summer long!
A chance to wander around the river valleys, hike a little, chip fossils from the shale, and get a great all round tan.
Only problem is.....when we find a fossil, where do we put it???

This post was edited

, Fossil hunting naked is what we do all summer long! A chance to wander around the river valleys, hike a little, chip fossils from the shale, and get a great all round tan. Only problem is.....when we find a fossil, where do we put it???

Back packs usually work. You need one to carry your tools, sunscreen and other necessities. The great thing is you don't need to wear it all the time

This post was edited

On a solo drive home from college, I chose to take a detour to a little known Anasazi Indian location, probably only known because of a photo taken by Ansel Adams long ago, but usually in any compilation of his works: Canyon de Chelly. A college professor had shown it to me, the picture, and it touched me in some way. The group of Indians called cliff dwellers, and known more for their much larger Mesa Verde, fascinated me. I got to Canyon de Chelly on an early Wednesday and was very lucky in that there was nobody there. I was amazed at the beauty of the site. I chose to walk along valley floor, to see the site of Adams photo, and then traverse to another area that climbed up off the floor. As the morning turned to afternoon, the sun and warmth and some thing I cant describe, made me think of being without the shorts and t-shirt I had on. Then I turned and there was a place, in the sun, along the trail, that looked out over the valley. I stopped and looked around, and up to cliffs above me, and nobody could see me here. My heart beat hard, and I laid out the towel I had with me onto the red clay and dust. I slowly removed my clothes. At first, the only thing going through my mind was my nakedness. I kept looking around, craning my neck this way and that, making sure no one was about, but then slowly I began to relax. The sun felt so good, and I was amazed at how my nipples burned a little more than the rest of me. I closed my eyes and just began to let the other senses take over. There was almost no wind, and it was very still. The chirping of cicadas and a few other insects too were really the only sounds. As I let my mind wander, I remembered the story of spider woman and other myths of the Indians here. And I began to imagine being here, but a thousand years ago. I could hear the women and children going about their work and play, the women bringing basket of corn back to their homes, while others sat around, grinding dried corn into meal. They were naked too, and I was no longer alone. It remains for me a special moment, one that is very hard to tell, but it made me feel good to tell it to you today.

Beachlover, what a beautiful experience! There is an area in New Mexico that affects me the same way. Whenever I'm out there I always stop there. It's right on the banks of the Rio overlooking the Sandia's. I can sit there for hours...it's my place to go to get re-energized and find peace.

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful experience!

Jen

This post was edited

On a solo drive home from college, I chose to take a detour to a little known Anasazi Indian location, probably only known because of a photo taken by Ansel Adams long ago, but usually in any compilation of his works: Canyon de Chelly. A college professor had shown it to me, the picture, and it touched me in some way. The group of Indians called cliff dwellers, and known more for their much larger Mesa Verde, fascinated me. I got to Canyon de Chelly on an early Wednesday and was very lucky in that there was nobody there. I was amazed at the beauty of the site. I chose to walk along valley floor, to see the site of Adams photo, and then traverse to another area that climbed up off the floor. As the morning turned to afternoon, the sun and warmth and some thing I cant describe, made me think of being without the shorts and t-shirt I had on. Then I turned and there was a place, in the sun, along the trail, that looked out over the valley. I stopped and looked around, and up to cliffs above me, and nobody could see me here. My heart beat hard, and I laid out the towel I had with me onto the red clay and dust. I slowly removed my clothes. At first, the only thing going through my mind was my nakedness. I kept looking around, craning my neck this way and that, making sure no one was about, but then slowly I began to relax. The sun felt so good, and I was amazed at how my nipples burned a little more than the rest of me. I closed my eyes and just began to let the other senses take over. There was almost no wind, and it was very still. The chirping of cicadas and a few other insects too were really the only sounds. As I let my mind wander, I remembered the story of spider woman and other myths of the Indians here. And I began to imagine being here, but a thousand years ago. I could hear the women and children going about their work and play, the women bringing basket of corn back to their homes, while others sat around, grinding dried corn into meal. They were naked too, and I was no longer alone. It remains for me a special moment, one that is very hard to tell, but it made me feel good to tell it to you today.

Beachlover, what a beautiful experience! There is an area in New Mexico that affects me the same way. Whenever I'm out there I always stop there. It's right on the banks of the Rio overlooking the Sandia's. I can sit there for hours...it's my place to go to get re-energized and find peace.

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful experience!

Jen

Thanks from me too Beech, enjoyed reading that. :)

You guys are so lucky, I recently watched a documentary
on the Mesa Verde, and that's about as close as I'll ever get :(

This post was edited