What have you all been reading?

I have plowed thru several books recently. Just simply have preferred to curl up with a book rather than turn on the TV .

From action thrillers to adventure travel and even read a paranormal thriller which was a nice change of pace. Averaging about a book a week for the year.

What has passed before your eyes this spring ( or autumn if you are south of the equator) ?

This topic was edited
RE:What have you all been reading?

Just finished The Beekeeper of Aleppo and A Woman of no Importance before that.

This post was edited

Reread *Prodigal Summer* by Barbara Kingsolver. I checked it out from the library having forgotten that I had read it before, and since it took me six chapters to figure it out, I took that to mean it was worth the reread.

This post was edited

Reread *Prodigal Summer* by Barbara Kingsolver. I checked it out from the library having forgotten that I had read it before, and since it took me six chapters to figure it out, I took that to mean it was worth the reread.

The only Kingsolver I have read is the Poisonwood Bible. Set 8n Congo I read while in S Africa. Quite insightful. I picked up a few more of hers . They are in the to be read stack

This post was edited

I finished the Churchill WWII history a couple of nights ago, so I'm taking a break from heavy stuff for my bedside reading. The current main book is "We Are Legion. We Are Bob", by Dennis Taylor, on my Kindle. The e-book on my phone is "The Memoirs of Jacques Casanova". The audiobook I listen to while driving is "A Voyage in the Sunbeam", by Annie Brassey. At my bedside is a webcomic collection, the second Wapsi Square volume by Paul Taylor (webcomic is here: https://wapsisquare.com ). I've got several books of the collected Wapsi Square comics, so I'll probably go through all of them before I pick up a "real" book again.

This post was edited

The book I'm currently reading is Through the Kalahari Desert: A Narrative of a Journey With Gun, Camera, and Note-Book to Lake N'gami and Back by G. A. Farini. Originally published around 1886. This book supposedly recounts the adventures of the author and his son "Lulu" as they trek across the Kalahari. A very fascinating read so far! I'm 66% through the book. The one I finished some time ago was An Authenticated History of the Famous Bell Witch by M. V. Ingram. This one is your typical 19th century BS book. The "story" jumps all over place and not even remotely interesting. Supposedly a work of non fiction but it doesn't take long as you read past the first chapter that it's all made up from the author's fertile memory. The account is taken from sources that don't exist anymore, which says to me. Fake. LOL 99% BS with 1% of truth mixed in. Don't waste your time with this one.

This post was edited

I've been rereading the black company series by Glen Cook. Fantasy series about a mercenary company with more focus on military life than magic.
I'm definitely a fan, I like how the setting and situation change dramatically through the series and how the characters grow realistically within those changes.

This post was edited

I'm still working my way through the collected Wapsi Square books, and the artist just released two new collections. They're on the way, so I'll be able to read the whole set before I'm done. I'm currently listening to Charles Darwin's "Voyage of the Beagle" when I'm driving. For ebooks, I'm still reading The Memoirs of Casanova on my phone (it's a multi-volume physical book, but all combined into a single file as an ebook), but on the Kindle I've gone through a couple of books since the last report. Now I'm on a light cozy mystery, Murder at the Car Rally, set in England in the 1920s. Finally, there's the latest issue of Sport Aviation magazine that I read at mealtimes.

This post was edited

Just finished When the Last Lion Roars by Sara Evans. Nonfiction. It traces the saga of lions -- their being hunted to near extinction, and the conservation efforts to bring them back.

Although there is no indication of such in the book, I am pretty sure that the title was inspired by the lyrics to "The Last Unicorn."

This post was edited

Right now im reading a lot of Stephen King's books. I have finished It earlier this year and The Shinning not long ago. I'm gonna pick Salem's Lot next

This post was edited

Right now im reading a lot of Stephen King's books. I have finished It earlier this year and The Shinning not long ago. I'm gonna pick Salem's Lot next

Of all his books those are my two or my three favorites. I read Salem's Lot when i was 19 years old and staying alone at an old cottage with a coal room in the basement and lots of windows in the room i slept in. had myself scared big time. The Shining is good too. My third is The Stand, i have read it twice.

This post was edited