Nudity laws in Australia

Does any one know how the laws apply tobeing nudeat home & in our backyards.
My understanding is that I can benude in the backyardas long as I am not in sight of theneighbours (ie:there is sufficient fencing)- unless they have a two storey building & can see over, then I would have to be clothed.
and do the laws vary state to state??

This topic was edited
Australian nudity laws

No difinative answer there unless I start trawling through the criminal code,but thanks for that any way!

This post was edited
RE: Nudity laws in Australia

the saying is your home is your castle
unless you flaunt your nudity to neighbours ie standing at window or door should be ok

This post was edited
Nudity laws

Yes, that was my take on things too!!
Thanks guys!

This post was edited
Nudity law

Cool, I shall do, thanks!

This post was edited
RE: Nudity law

in queenslaand it states unless u have areasable excuse and u need 2 prove it.

This post was edited
Australian States Nudity laws

summarising all the posts;
if you can't be seen there is no offence, very simple really.

This post was edited
RE: Australian States Nudity laws

summarising all the posts;if you can't be seen there is no offence, very simple really.so that said, what are the laws that govern nudity in each of the Australian States & are some more lenient than others ?
Qld
NSW
ACT
Vic
SA
WA
NT

This post was edited

I believe that the laws here in VIC state that you have to have a seven foot fence or sufficient coverage in your yard if you want to be nude in it. I don't think there are any for inside your house.
I have one hole in our treeline in the back that I have to fill up, and I need to get better blinds for our kitchen window then it will be all nude all the time!
just FYI those modern double roller blinds with the tight mesh are excellent for letting in light and keeping out peeping toms!

This post was edited

Hey, guys, it's about time to change the law. Yes we are multicultural and this does subject us to be restricted. Perhaps if all nudists of Australia stood together, to have a nudist party in government, and why not? There is a Shutters Party, there are religious party's. Why should there not be a naturist Party for expressing our freedom? We need to fight for our rights to be free and acceptable as we are. Perhaps all nudists of Australia need to invade on Capital hill in Canberra to put our point across in a peaceful demonstration. Unless we do so, we always will have to hide from the public eye. Any comments to this, would be greatly appreciated

This post was edited

Apologies for not listing Tasmania. I'm guessing despite your colder climate you have better nudity laws than the mainland states
ciao, j

This post was edited