RE:What is it with great paint and body guys?

There are a couple of car collectors and restorers in our club of the some higher end vintage cars. The show is now in its 3rd year so retaliatory small showing but it's a growing and the members love it. Not so oddly because of the nudism stigma it's only 1/2 hr drive of where we live that has this States biggest Cruise In. We will push on thats for sure!

Car shows have become an every weekend thing and or fund raiser. We don't necessary have the weather for such a thing but if it clear they will come ! It amazes me what it hidden away in garages.

This post was edited

That's one thing I will miss about not having the Chevelle... the car shows, especially the car show at our club! Di loved them too and though she'd wear some cover up at the club's car show, it was still a lot of fun being nude at that show in particular. Besides, I won a Best In Class plaque for that Chevelle the last year our club had a car show.Hope it all works out for you and your son Rock. I can't remember if you told me/the group; does your club have a car show where you can be nude?

Yes clothing is optional. Majority of attendees are not or those like Luann working it. Mostly it is because what I have seen the interest is in the cars and trucks and asking the story behind the car. The cars are strategically staged out of camera view of the pool which I think a good decision by the management of the pool but yes nudity is very fine. To me it is a like a breath of fresh air almost when the nudies walk through the row of cars.

This post was edited

Car shows have become an every weekend thing and or fund raiser. We don't necessary have the weather for such a thing but if it clear they will come ! It amazes me what it hidden away in garages.

We have those weekday and weekend car shows as well. Guys and gals with cars, usually somewhere around 20 or so cars, will take over a parking lot at a diner, burger place, local hangout and bamm... instant car show. My brother goes to one near the beach, where he lives, it's called Cars and Coffee. It happens every first and third Wednesday of the month. He also said that there are a few others in town that go Thursdays, 2nd and 4th of every month. We have a couple out this way but I never partook in those.

This post was edited

That's one thing I will miss about not having the Chevelle... the car shows, especially the car show at our club! Di loved them too and though she'd wear some cover up at the club's car show, it was still a lot of fun being nude at that show in particular. Besides, I won a Best In Class plaque for that Chevelle the last year our club had a car show.Hope it all works out for you and your son Rock. I can't remember if you told me/the group; does your club have a car show where you can be nude?Yes clothing is optional. Majority of attendees are not or those like Luann working it. Mostly it is because what I have seen the interest is in the cars and trucks and asking the story behind the car. The cars are strategically staged out of camera view of the pool which I think a good decision by the management of the pool but yes nudity is very fine. To me it is a like a breath of fresh air almost when the nudies walk through the row of cars.

I loved talking about my car but I'd usually get a few guys that had to critique that the car I had was not completely original. I dislike those kinda car guys. It's usually those guys that have made minor custom mods to their cars but their modifications are fine but yours are not. I don't miss those guys!

At the car show where I won the plaque, there was this middle aged couple that brought their car, a Porsche Speedster. They are a very statuesque couple, fit, tanned and nice looking. They were walking around looking at cars and they had a group of clothed guys following them all over the place! hahaha These guys were from the car club that sponsored the show at our club. In all, there were 7 cars, of nudist residents or members, in the show of about 35 cars, at our clubs car show. The county began requiring a few permits, staging an Ambulance on site at the show, the gate remaining open if the show was open to the public. The club just said, "no more."

This post was edited

There are the purist Andy, I spose the Rat rods wouldn't get a look from them and I can respect that. I never gave the purist a judgemental thought with and all at shows or on forums. . To each there own flavor. It's pretty easy to tell our car was not original given the year it was stock with a slant 6 or 318ci but now a rumbling mildly built 340 in it. Makes no diff to me or my #2 son what anyone thinks because it's not pure. We are of the school of make your car your own.

This post was edited

That's just it... these "purists" may have stock everything except, the vast majority of them have put larger, wider tires and custom wheels on their cars but... their cars are "more" stock and pure than yours. I don't give really care but I will call them out! ;D

This post was edited

I just had my sons and my Duster in for engine performance modifications. I drove it there with no hood. Body guy on going delays. Motor work is done and guess what ??

Hood repair is not done yet and my son has flown in for our biggest car event. Once again great body paint guys are Piccolos would it seem ? Bleve me the engine work took some real effort and completed in a short. I may never understand it all this. Bigger probs in this world than your car project is not done on time frame and thats for sure.

This post was edited

Rock, back when I was learning how to drive, running around with your "souped up" car, without the hood, was considered a very, very cool thing to do! Will you still go to the car show without the hood? Hope you make it with or without the hood and you and your son enjoy your time together.

This post was edited

#2 son did fly in and I handed the reigns off to him to manage the rest of this years car projects which I knew was in his wheel house. It got done for this round just today. As we know classic cars are never actually ever "done". How could a 50 yr old car ever be if you didn't keep putting some love into it to run and show it ??

This post was edited

Andy he got it handled with another couple details and it was a blessing for ole dad to sit back and watch someone else manage and take charge.
Best I could explain to him so many people have very real probs to deals with, a show car isn't really anywhere on the scale. He does know that I just felt a reminder would be proper. I will say I am over anal great paint guys and it was like a vaca letting the son taking the helm and getting the guy getting it done. Make no mistake he is the best shop and paint guy no question but I am to old to play the game.

This post was edited