RE:Sent friend requests

Why would you like to see this information?

This post was edited

So I could retract my request. It's embarrassing when you send someone a friend request and they don't accept it.

This post was edited

Also might be helpful to be able to send a follow up personal message to a request that has not be accepted or rejected for a significant amount of time.

This post was edited

Why would you like to see this information?So I could retract my request. It's embarrassing when you send someone a friend request and they don't accept it.

Friendly advice.............don't get embarrassed as no one will care one way or another here. Most 'friends' are people who will never send you a message or reply to a message that you sent. It works best to just have a small group of 'real' friends who have proven themselves instead of a collection of friends who in reality do not even exist.

This post was edited

Why would you like to see this information?So I could retract my request. It's embarrassing when you send someone a friend request and they don't accept it.

How is it embarrassing?
No one but you and them even know you sent the request.

This post was edited

The point is not for us to critique what we imagine (without knowledge) his friend-requesting habits are, or to pass judgment on the appropriateness of his emotions. The functionality he asked about pretty basic. A website like this should provide a user-accessible log of all major actions. Friending people is a major action. Why have a log? 1. For this user, because he wants one to retract outstanding requests, 2. for all users, because it is standard on a normal site, and 3. for all users, for many other use cases. Here's one: because this is a buggy site that often malfunctions, a user might need to confirm that actions he/she initiated were actually performed by the software. ANother: you've just learned that half the "users" on this site are bots, so you want to cancel any outstanding requests to profiles that might, on review, fit a bot profile. Another: You have a vague sense that less than 100% of your requests are accepted, but you don't kow how many are rejected. You want to find out, because if there are too many rejections, or there is a pattern in the rejections, that may be a signal that you need to refine your approach to socializing in the community or certain segments of it. Etc.

This post was edited