Visiting the Willametans next week

Hi, folks!

I'll be visting the Willamettans resort in Oregon next week. I'll be in the Sun Rovers 2 RV/Tent site from Monday the 14th through Thursday the 17th. If you're there, let's meet.

This topic was edited
RE:Visiting the Willametans next week

Well, I'm here. What the website really didn't explain was that most of the amenities (cafe, saloon, gift shop) are only open on weekends. It really does seem to be a ghost town... not many people are here, even though the summer season has ostensibly started.

The Willamettans pride themselves on being an entirely volunteer operation, with the club members staffing these services, and only one person in a salaried position. The downside is that they don't have volunteers to staff the services during the week,

Another thing that they didn't explain very well was that their camping and room/trailer rental fees did not include a $20 day-use fee for non-members. That's per day, so my three-day sojourn has already cost me $60 more than I thought it would.

So, for me at least, it's proving to be a more expensive and less rewarding trip than I'd expected. Other people planning to visit the resort, particularly not on weekends, need to take these factors into consideration.

This post was edited