RE:Overly restrictive rules for groups - thoughts?

I'm just swag'ing it here. (SWAG=scientific wild ass guess).

A website can be sold and when the numbers of members, visitors and activity are presenting very high, the owners of the site can up the price by showing these large numbers, which equates to the ability for the site to make money. The less numbers, the less interesting or desire to take over a site that's not very popular. It's my swag that that is why we won't see members deleted or moderating who gets to join.

I've taken over several groups where the moderator has left the site or forgot they were even a moderator of a group. I've made contact with TT2 many times to discuss taking over a group and have been approved to do so. As of late, she's not answering any of my requests to take over a couple of groups that are stagnant or the mod has left the site.

Like I mentioned, I not only go into my members list, in groups, I also look at the member's profile to see if they are active on the forum or any of their groups they belong to. I find, more times than not, that a lot of them haven't posted anything, anywhere for months and months. I understand a dry spell but if you belong to 50-100 groups and haven't made a comment in 6 months, you're not going to, and the group doesn't interest you, so why be a member. I cleaned out my groups recently and only got on member to ask why. When I told them why, and told them I'd allow them back in if they'd like, they never responded. That tells me they weren't that interested in being in the group anyway.

This post was edited

I only moderate a few groups that I had a personal interest. I also carefully review respective members. My real disappointment is that none of them actually generate any meaningful posts/discussions. I don't delete a member for inactivity. Not everyone has the time to post tings but may still have a genuine interest in the topic.

This post was edited

I only moderate a few groups that I had a personal interest. I also carefully review respective members. My real disappointment is that none of them actually generate any meaningful posts/discussions. I don't delete a member for inactivity. Not everyone has the time to post tings but may still have a genuine interest in the topic.

I can resonate with this the groups that generate traffic are all about body parts and sexual subjects not naturist related.

This post was edited

I only moderate a few groups that I had a personal interest. I also carefully review respective members. My real disappointment is that none of them actually generate any meaningful posts/discussions. I don't delete a member for inactivity. Not everyone has the time to post tings but may still have a genuine interest in the topic.I can resonate with this the groups that generate traffic are all about body parts and sexual subjects not naturist related.

Not necessarily. I belong to 143 groups none of which are primarily about body parts and sexual subjects. About half of them have at least one post in the last month,

This post was edited

Can any person or organization actually be stupid enough to believe membership numbers of any site? All sites 'puff' up their numbers and the information available should be highly suspect to anyone with any common sense. Then again, most people today do not have any common sense hence why the country and the world is in the mess that it is in. Perhaps the best answer is for government to issue ample supplies of LSD to everyone so that the entire country (if not world) can hallucinate themselves to a better world. Reality and common sense certainly do not seem to work anymore.

This post was edited

A couple of things:

As you've already mentioned, the owner/moderator can have whatever rules he so desired -- and that's the way it should be.

The images you submit for certification are not posted to your profile for everyone to see. The only people who see them are the people who run the site.

This post was edited

A couple of things:As you've already mentioned, the owner/moderator can have whatever rules he so desired -- and that's the way it should be.The images you submit for certification are not posted to your profile for everyone to see. The only people who see them are the people who run the site.

Yes, I agree, the owner moderator should be able to have the rules. My point is that there are a few people that have lots of groups with popular topics that also have. strict rules of having multiple frontal nude shots open to everyone. On top of that the owner/moderator does not participate in the site otherwise, blocks anyone that contacts them with questions, or even politely disagrees with them. In addition it you search them on Google they appear to be doing the same on multiple sites. To me, it appears they are using the site to feed their collection of nude photos to be used for who knows what purpose.

Im not sure who you are addressing about the certification photos, Id have to re-read the entire thread, but the photo discussion has been at least primarily about those you upload to your profile, especially those the moderator requires to be full frontal.

This post was edited

I haven't found this "group" feature to be very useful, but it does seem to fill a niche for some people. As has been stated elsewhere, the moderator gets to run the group their way, and if people don't like some of the restrictions, they don't need to participate. My answer to those who would like a group with a certain topic, but who can't conform to those requirements, would be to start a group of their own, and moderate it the way they like, and hope that the people who liked the other group but who chafed at the rules would migrate over to the new group.

This post was edited

I know the moderator of a group can set their own rules and if I dont like them I dont have to join and could even create my own group. But there are some interesting groups Ive enjoyed reading and at times would like to add my two cents to (if its even worth that much :D ). Anyway the user miev123 is moderator on a number of groups like Everyday Naked Living and on those groups the rules are:"MUST BE CERTIFIED!" "NO" Absolutely "NO" Private, Or "This user only allows picture/video access to friends," Blank or Empty profiles. Must have at least 2 full frontal nude photos w/ face Must have profile pic. For true nudists who want to meet or share with other true nudists!

I think all the extra hoops are for shit too, and I'm not about to change my profile to get in. I share as much as I'm comfortable with.

That being said, it's his group and he can run it however he wants. I don't feel the need to be a part of something that forces me to compromise my comfort.

This post was edited