RE:Overly restrictive rules for groups - thoughts?

If we made it a requirement that people post nude pictures of themselves here, we'd lose those people. And I'd hate to do that.

Given that this site software comes from 2006, the mods have no consistent standards in publishing downloaded pix, spam/fake accounts are considered member volume bragging rights and that I've been blackmailed that my TN posts will be downloaded to my Facebook account, my trust in posting pix online is very low. In any case I consider a naked mind more important than being a shower or a grower.

As far as the groups, that's where the most insightful discussions happen, which I haven't seen in the chat room. I see group postings decreasing, so I'm surprised anyone would restrict them.

This post was edited

........... In any case I consider a naked mind more important than being a shower or a grower.......As far as the groups, that's where the most insightful discussions happen, which I haven't seen in the chat room. I see group postings decreasing, so I'm surprised anyone would restrict them.

There is a huge shortage of 'naked minds' on this site. It would be wonderful if we could have somewhat intelligent conversations in the chat room. Anything beyond the usual 'naked hugs, cyber kisses, and how is the weather.' Unfortunately no matter what a person posts in the chat room, someone will always object and complain and so real chat is long dead in the chat room. Why some of the mods will even ban anyone who dares to start and intelligent conversation about anything and so many have just plain given up on the chat room.

The forum is a different matter but the number of active posters in the forum has also decreased. At this rate, there really will not be much of a TN site left.

So many here also join one group after another and then never say one word or contribute anything to those groups. What really is the point of doing this?

This post was edited

I've also run into Miev by virtue of replying to the posts of others that have appeared in my timeline without regard as to where they were located. The TN software has allowed me to do that on the past. The result is usually a 'Get off my lawn!' response by Miev. By then I've forgotten where it was that I posted!

I've tried to be as open as possible on this site with the exception of full photos. I hope my profile reflects that. If full frontal is the bar I face, I guess I'll just have to accept that.

Others can, of course, choose to patronise the groups that have more open policies and join me there! Very few topics here are covered by just one group.

This post was edited

I also question the motives of miev because he has all these groups with restrictions requiring multiple full frontal pictures. But even when I could see posts in those groups etc., I have yet to see a post from miev. I get the feeling they are creating groups with topics more likely to get interest and requiring the pictures so he can do picture collecting. I cant in any way say this is fact but from what Ive seen it what I would guess.

This post was edited

If you think there's a shortage of naked minds on this site, try finding them in your local neighborhood. Perhaps people post less on threads because they don't want the trolls to get them down.
On some threads I feel the naked minds have banded together against the trolls. Key is for one or two to calmly respond against someone's unreasonable objections to the poster, to question their motives and to defend how they understand the positive intent of the poster.
I've read that if you've ever seen a ghost, you should tell them to go to the light. I find that works for trolls as well who are usually closeted and looking for attention.
There's a line from Ferris Bueler's Day off about his friend Carmen being so uptight he could put a piece of coal up his ass and pull out a diamond.
Is this the best response? Go to the light, Miev.

This post was edited

If those groups were just restricted to certified users (even when profiles are light with pictures but otherwise indicate active participation), that would seem reasonable as certification is a bar that takes reasonable effort to overcome convincingly. Asking for the pictures also and aggressively punting those who don't comply is where the motives come into question.

This post was edited

A further thought/observation. Avardo has, in one case I've seen, joined an existing group, which now has his preferred restrictions. With those restrictions now in place, it appears he's planning to close it due to lack of members. I know one way to allow the membership to grow... :-)

The group in question is Plus30 Nudists.

This post was edited

Most people join groups right and left but never say one word or contribute anything to those groups. What is the point of joining a group and then never contribute. It is so much like this forum. The same few people contribute over and over again but the vast majority never say one word. Makes a person wonder just how many real and active nudists are on this site. Certification will of course not change anything because the only way to get to know anyone is for that person to speak - unless the majority of people here want trophy partners who never say one word and spend their lives trying to promote some kind of appearance.

This post was edited

There seem to be a few different types. Friend collectors, group joiners, chat fans (I guess; I'm not interested in chat) and a small number contributing with posts or pictures. That's apart from the dormant accounts and the 'fake' ones here to promote a website or two.

I figure that posting is the best way to be involved for me. It would be nice to hear from more of the other members.

This post was edited

There seem to be a few different types. Friend collectors, group joiners, chat fans (I guess; I'm not interested in chat) and a small number contributing with posts or pictures. That's apart from the dormant accounts and the 'fake' ones here to promote a website or two.I figure that posting is the best way to be involved for me. It would be nice to hear from more of the other members.

I agree with Steve, most seem to fit into those categories. I find you learn more about people from their posts, although not necessary to post pictures it does often complete the picture of the person. I think 95 % of the TN members are just lookers. More often than not I find members I think would be interesting to be friends with only to find out I was mistaken. This can often be proven by looking at the groups one is associated with and then their number of posts---if any exist!! As a nudist site I also feel one should be certified whether posting photos or not, lets others know who is behind the keyboard or lens.

This post was edited