Covid Era Safety and Postponements

As all of you will have been informed by now, Southeastern and now Northern areas of Queensland are in lockdown. We can hope it will be short term, however as it is the Delta strain the chances are unlikely. For that reason, the proposed meet and greet for the 10th July is being postponed to a later date yet to be decided. On a further note, all those planning to travel, please have a contingency plan in the event you find yourselves subject to any new lockdowns wherever you may be. Please carry a mask and follow all government health precautions and directives.
In the meantime, if you are subject to lockdown, join in the discussions on possible activities and venues once the current situation is resolved. Also, if eligible I encourage you to become vaccinated at your earliest opportunity for the safety and benefit of all.

This topic was edited
RE:Covid Era Safety and Postponements

Take care Geoff and all those affected by the lock down. Please don't be a victim of this stupid health worker!

This post was edited

Hi Geoff, yes the delta strain is a game changer and may wake up the fence sitters on having a vacation. Down here on the Sunshine Coast we have bunkered down as well. Getting the vaccine is providing to be a challenge down here with a shortage of vaccines. Chris has had her first jab of AZ with the second late August. Me well I am not able to receive my first jab for 6 weeks as I have just returned from having a total right hip replacement operation. Under the advice of the surgeon that I was not to have it before the operation and a minimum of 6 weeks after. So we are definitely stay safe on our little piece of paradise. We Have been following your recent attempts at getting a group meeting going in Townsville. We also went through that for some time before we established a core group where we had to cap the numbers due to the popularity of our place. So when the coast is clear good luck with your ongoing efforts to establish a meeting group at you place. Hugs

This post was edited

Thank you for your comments and well wishes gentlemen.

This post was edited

Geoff, thanks for the update and advice. It will be late winter here or into spring before I venture north for some sun and warmth. I'll wait until after my second AZ jab. Even having a flu jab in a couple of weeks and had to book in for that here. We've had a few outbreaks down here so it seems people are getting very cautious and they realise the only way things will open up is if we are mostly vaccinated. What the govt does with those who choose not to be vaccinated, I don't know, it will be interesting how they handle that one.

This post was edited

The group is still active but it may appear we in Queensland are going to feel the bite the Delta variant. As a result, N9 group plans are current but well come through and be onto this soon.

This post was edited