How are you dressed when flying ?

Hi everyone,

I am always going commando, always. I am planning a trip from Denver to Miami during weekend of August 20th to 24th.

Usually I am wearing a short that is just right above the knee (10 inch inseam). Way too long, but it seems to be the go to for guys.
I purchased recently a 2 inch inseam low raise denim short that I intent to wear in Miami to go to the beach especially. Look good. But wonder if this would be acceptable on a plane or it would be super uncomfortable due to the looks I would get from others. (Obviously to avoid any risk, I would put a mini underwear for the duration of the flight, which is going to be uncomfortable.)

What do you think ? How are you flying ?

Do you think it would be ok to hang out at bar and restaurant (not the fancy ones) with such a short short ? I mean, it's hot and humid in Florida.

PS
Not sure I will be dare enough to use that short in the plane, but definitely not going through security with it. Will be in my carry-on.

This topic was edited
RE:How are you dressed when flying ?

I almost always wear Chubbies 5 inch shorts flying but have worn my 4 inch ones occasionally. Tshirt and nothing else but sandals or running shoes which I take off when going through security. If I have a belt or anything in my pockets it goes in my backpack until Im through security. Since Im always commando too the 4 or 5 inch seem to be my limit to keep anything from falling out of the leg openings too.

This post was edited

I almost always wear Chubbies 5 inch shorts flying but have worn my 4 inch ones occasionally. Tshirt and nothing else but sandals or running shoes which I take off when going through security. If I have a belt or anything in my pockets it goes in my backpack until Im through security. Since Im always commando too the 4 or 5 inch seem to be my limit to keep anything from falling out of the leg openings too.

I read about the Chubbies. Mostly the only brand doing short shorts for men.
The 4 inch sounds a good choice.
Considering the fabric, if going commando, is it obvious you're wearing nothing ?

This post was edited

Agree that 4 inch is the minimum for flying commando. 2 inch are probably OK for the Miami Beach bar scene.

This post was edited

I almost always wear Chubbies 5 inch shorts flying but have worn my 4 inch ones occasionally. Tshirt and nothing else but sandals or running shoes which I take off when going through security. If I have a belt or anything in my pockets it goes in my backpack until Im through security. Since Im always commando too the 4 or 5 inch seem to be my limit to keep anything from falling out of the leg openings too.I read about the Chubbies. Mostly the only brand doing short shorts for men.The 4 inch sounds a good choice.Considering the fabric, if going commando, is it obvious you're wearing nothing ?

I have never thought it was obvious and I really wouldnt care it it was. Maybe wearing one of the thinner swimsuit trunk shorts it might but the 4 and 5 inch khakis are not that thin.

This post was edited

How are you flying ?

Mostly in a suit and bulky Hoka One One running shoes. If it is cold I wear a coat as well. I have the dress shoes, three shirts, underwear, socks, toiletries, running clothes and a pair of Five Fingers in the carry on bag. A second bag for a few papers and laptop.

When I'm on vacation I dress casual and appropriate for the season.

This post was edited

Usually in sweats and a T-Shirt got to be comfy

This post was edited

Thanks everyone, Going on vacation, where it's hot and humid here in US.

Will look for 4-5 inch shorts. Will have to hurry, 3 weeks before going.

This post was edited

Thanks everyone, Going on vacation, where it's hot and humid here in US.Will look for 4-5 inch shorts. Will have to hurry, 3 weeks before going.

Amazon has a good selection and next day delivery.

This post was edited

Will look for 4-5 inch shorts. Will have to hurry, 3 weeks before going.
I really like the RedHead Beachcomber shorts available online from Bass Pro. They are 5 inch inseam. I would love something even shorter but I really like these.

This post was edited

Will look for 4-5 inch shorts. Will have to hurry, 3 weeks before going.I really like the RedHead Beachcomber shorts available online from Bass Pro. They are 5 inch inseam. I would love something even shorter but I really like these.

I really like them. Thanks for sharing.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy