RE:Uncertainty about circumcision

I chose to be circumcised a couple of years ago at the age of 55, for personal reasons.
I'm very happy with the result and I don't find the sensitivity to be any better or worse than having a foreskin.
The idea of being circumcised was(for me) worse than the reality. Sure, having a needle jabbed into your junk isn't terribly funny(unless you're into that kind of thing anyway), but once numbed I didn't feel a thing and healing wasn't an issue either.
One man's experience for you. Good luck with sorting out your problem.

This post was edited

But as I said already, tightness is not the only problem, in facts the length is an issue too. Even if I manage to make it wider, it would still be too long... so that's why circumcision should be the way, I'll see what the doctor thinks about it from a medical point of view!

I'm glad you've researched your options and feel you're well-prepared to make a sound decision.
Speaking of your foreskin being too long, I see it as one of those "grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" issues. Or how about that old saying that you can never be too wealthy, too tan or have too much foreskin?
I will make an argument to do your best to save your frenulum. All of our organs are perfectly matched: two ears for hearing movement, two eyes for depth of vision and I believe two frenula for extra-sensory perception that goes way back to our naked hunting in bands of brothers groups. Just something to consider. Good luck.

This post was edited

The use of circumcision for medical or health reasons is an issue that continues to be debated. The American Academy of Pediatrics found that the health benefits of newborn male circumcision outweigh the risks, but the benefits are not great enough to recommend universal newborn circumcision.
The procedure may be recommended in older boys and men to treat phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) or to treat an infection of the penis.

Circumcision does have Benefits:
Less risk of urinary tract infections
A reduced risk of some sexually transmitted diseases in men
Protection against penile cancer and a lower risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners
Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin)
Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and para phimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original location)
Circumcision also makes it easier to keep the end of the penis clean.

Some studies show that good hygiene can help prevent certain problems with the penis, including infections and swelling, even if the penis is not circumcised. In addition, using a condom during sex will help prevent STDs and other infections.

Circumcision Risks
Like any other surgical procedure, there are risks in getting circumcision. But this risk is low. Problems linked to circumcision include:
Pain
Risk of bleeding and infection at the site of the circumcision
Irritation of the glans
Higher chance of inflammation of the opening of the penis
Risk of injury to the penis

This post was edited

There are so many positive stories and experiences of circumcision's positive aspects. I just don't think there is much uncertainty to be concerned about. If you are that concerned, then don't have it done. Those who know about it and have experienced are very positive indeed about its many benefits.

This post was edited

Just noticed this post. I dont know if youve had the circumcision or not so maybe this could still be some help to you or someone else. You can use a steroid cream and stretch the foreskin. Your doctor shouldve recommended that first then surgery as an alternative.

Just Google steroid cream phimosis.

This post was edited

Similar to the most recent poster, I hope you have not gotten cut yet.

Doctors are quick to cut away problems, assign drugs, and get you out as soon as they can. Please, consider stretching your foreskin before slicing it off. You can read accurate information about why it's an awful mutilation done against babies' wills here: nocirc.org - and more about how to stretch your foreskin here: norm.org

Really hoping you didn't cut off so many nerve endings, and other benefits of having a foreskin.

This post was edited

Just noticed this post. I dont know if youve had the circumcision or not so maybe this could still be some help to you or someone else. You can use a steroid cream and stretch the foreskin. Your doctor shouldve recommended that first then surgery as an alternative.Just Google steroid cream phimosis.

Similar to the most recent poster, I hope you have not gotten cut yet.Doctors are quick to cut away problems, assign drugs, and get you out as soon as they can. Please, consider stretching your foreskin before slicing it off. You can read accurate information about why it's an awful mutilation done against babies' wills here: nocirc.org - and more about how to stretch your foreskin here: norm.orgReally hoping you didn't cut off so many nerve endings, and other benefits of having a foreskin.

I'll answer you both in this post because you are both making the same observation. As I said, I used to stretch my foreskin when I was younger and it solved the problem of my foreskin being too tight. But I still had issues with my frenulum, being it too short. It caused pain and risk for it to snap, so that required a specific surgery, that while solving this problem, it made evident the the other problem, which is the current phimosis. This is paired with the excessive length of the foreskin, and thus making it difficult, if not impossible, to stretch it more. It is painful also, and it swells if it gets inflamed. Anyway, I still have not done it, because I'm waiting to get scheduled for the surgery. The doctor told me that it will be as less invasive as possible, and only partial. I hope I will both solve the problem and save some foreskin.

This post was edited

...thus making it difficult, if not impossible, to stretch it more.

"Difficult" is not the same as "impossible." Really hoping you will find a non-surgical solution. If/when you choose to get cut, good luck to you.

This post was edited

i suggest non surgery because there a lot of us was force to be circumcised and didn't have the right to decide to have it done or not.

This post was edited

has does getting circumcised protect against penile cancer and a lower risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners. lower risked of urinary tract infections, reduced risk of some sexually transmitted diseases, also makes it easier to keep the end of the penis clean.

This post was edited