Telling someone Im a Nudist

I have been doing some thinking recently. I have been a home nudist for 10 years and pretty much kept to myself I have gotten to a point where I wanna tell a few people and see they are ok with me not having any clothes on when Im home. The person I would like to tell this to works for a company that helps Adults with disabilities and she comes out to help me manage my finances. Ever since she has been working with me she doesnt know that Im a Nudist. How should I go about telling her.

I have had a couple of ideas going through my head. My first idea was to contact the company to see how they would go about working with someone who is a nudist.

My second Idea was hoping she needed to come out and have me sign some papers and then spring it on her with saying just giving you a heads up Im not wearing any clothes something.

If anyone has some helpful advice please share I would love to hear.

This topic was edited
RE:Telling someone Im a Nudist

I would suggest a friend, not a service provider.
A service provider might feel obligated to to say they're comfortable when they actually aren't because they want to keep their client (you) happy

This post was edited

Agreed. I always wear something for service providers, but in warm weather, it is shorts and nothing else.

This post was edited

I would certainly agree with the above comments. Rely on a friend first. Most of my friends now know that I am a nudist but I let then know with a little humor. Some may tease or make jokes and I would take it in good fun and laugh it off. At the end of the day though, they all supported me. So try with a trustful friend first.

This post was edited

I actually no one that I'm a nudist. But I have no issues talking about nude activities, such as hot springs, sauna, beach, etc. I also told a friend sometimes, it's so warm at home, instead of running AC, which increases the electric bill, I remove some cloth. Happened to work naked a few times.
Well, while it's most of the time, they don't need to know all the details.
But technically, I am living in US, but not from US. I'm from Europe. And being au natural is more acceptable and more common there. Not such a big deal like in US.

But I never cross the step of being naked at home while having someone over.
Would love to, but never happened.

As said, with providers, be very careful. It can be perceived pretty badly.

With friends, maybe start by letting them know how comfortable you are with nude activities. Such as described above.

Good luck

This post was edited

Agreed. I always wear something for service providers, but in warm weather, it is shorts and nothing else.

Actually, I have been caught a few times when a service provider arrived early or on the wrong day, but I was able to at least quickly wrap a towel around my waist. Also done the same for UPS/FedEx/USPS a few times. But all of these are inadvertent, which would probably produce a different reaction than planned.

This post was edited

I took into consideration the advice and I did rely on telling one of my very good friends I opened up and told her I was a Nudist.

This post was edited

I took into consideration the advice and I did rely on telling one of my very good friends I opened up and told her I was a Nudist.

What was her reaction ? How did she go ? Would she be ok visiting you while you are nude ?

This post was edited

The good friend that I told is the niece of someone I work with. She told me I could open up to her and she wouldnt judge me. So I told her I was a Nudist and she was very understanding of my lifestyle choice. Unfortunately she has no plans to visit me while Im naked any time soon we both have different schedules.

This post was edited

I think we should stop perpetuating the idea that revealing that you prefer to be nude sometimes is a big deal. Functionally it amounts to altering your wardrobe. Do not treat it like it is a vastly important issue. You wouldnt have this sort of problem telling someone you repainted you kitchen, would you?

We tend to be our own worst enemies. When we treat simple nudity like it is something to be ashamed of, or embarrassed about, we confirm societys distorted view of it. They think were a bunch of kooks because we act like were doing something that we need to keep hidden. That is so irrational. We need to stop the stupidity.

This post was edited

I think we should stop perpetuating the idea that revealing that you prefer to be nude sometimes is a big deal. Functionally it amounts to altering your wardrobe. Do not treat it like it is a vastly important issue. You wouldnt have this sort of problem telling someone you repainted you kitchen, would you?We tend to be our own worst enemies. When we treat simple nudity like it is something to be ashamed of, or embarrassed about, we confirm societys distorted view of it. They think were a bunch of kooks because we act like were doing something that we need to keep hidden. That is so irrational. We need to stop the stupidity.

Maybe we are a bunch of kooks who need to keep this hidden. We are an extremely small percentage of the population and we need to stay hidden because our society has declared that we are doing something wrong. We also perpetuate these notions by staying hidden with our walled yards, gated and fenced resorts, and special places to go naked while trying not to be seen. The laws for the most part are not on our side and they are unlikely to change because there are not enough people in our communities that would say it is OK to be naked, even behind closed doors and curtained windows. I feel no need to tell someone I am a nudist but would not disown the fact should I be asked. I've been caught nude, but I was just naked for that moment. To the observer I am not necessarily a nudist.

This post was edited