RE:Telling someone Im a Nudist

While I don't go out of my way to announce it to the world, I also don't hide it. If a conversation should come up I have no problem telling all about it. Incidentally the topic or at least similar topic comes up more often than one would think. As mentioned we don't announce to the world that we are wearing shorts and a t-shirt, why would we announce it when we are wearing nothing.

Over the past weekend I was on a business trip with some other folks and had to share a room with one of them. I came back to the room apparently unexpectedly for my roommate. I was sitting in a chair when he came out of the bathroom after taking a shower. He apologized over an over about not dressing before he came out of the bathroom. He was so embarrassed. I told him not worry about it. It's really not a big deal. Just over and over again I'm so sorry. I finally told him.. "Man don't worry about it. I'm a naturist I've seen plenty of bare asses". It took him a minute or two to realize what a naturist is. I think I shocked him. He laughed at first but then started asking questions. I don't think he will be joining the ranks anytime soon but we did have a very intelligent conversation about it.

This post was edited

BarelyGrilling;How young was your room mate?

60 ish

This post was edited

Yeah I was a bit surprised at that reaction. I can only figure that someone, at some point, gave him a hard time about being seen naked.

This post was edited

I'm curious what you wear when you see your visitor now? Have you gone braless or "donald duck" perhaps?
That might be a way to broach the subject. A better question is why do you want them to know?

This post was edited

You should expect a much more positive response to your declaration being a nudist to a friend or social acquaintance. You want to "come out" to someone with an emotional connection with you.
Springing this news on someone who sees you as a part of their job is very risky. Regardless your intent, it could be viewed as sexual harassment. They may feel threatened. This is far too personal and intimate to bring to a business environment. Conversely, if you and your work peers go out regularly for beers after work, they might be the closest I would bring the truth about your nudity to a work situation.
The best place to your nudity is with other nudists in your community. Get involved locally. You are guaranteed a supportive environment.

This post was edited

I have been a nudist for most of my life. Even as a kid, I loved to be naked. I was pretty much a home nudist until my 30s when I met some people that liked to be nude on their boat. It was easy to get naked with other naked people. This was when I really opened up about my love for being naked.
I think about 75% of my friends know that I am a nudist. Some of them are, some of them arent. There are the 25% that I dont think I could ever tell. I just dont think they would understand. As for everyone else, I have nothing to hide and I am not ashamed that I like to spend most of time nude.

This post was edited

Dont think you are obligated to tell anyone but definitely think of sharing with those close to you who you trust and who value your connection.

This post was edited