An unsuitable topic for discussion?

In addition to my continuing role as Principal Examiner for Cambridge International, I used to be PE for a UK A level in Critical Thinking, until it was abolished a few years ago. My paper was specifically about ethical reasoning. On one occasion, I proposed a question paper focused on the question, should local councils in coastal areas make a beach available for nude sun-bathing. I assembled some suitable documents (mostly consisting of newspaper reports from places where such a proposal had been put forward) and set some evaluative questions on them. The topic was rejected on the grounds that it would disadvantage male candidates, because they would not take it seriously. However, I made the draft assessment materials available for teachers, and I know that some used regularly them in class. Is it a subject you would be comfortable using in class? Would you have objected if it had been the topic of an exam?

This topic was edited
RE:An unsuitable topic for discussion?

Why would male candidates not take the subject seriously?The topic was rejected on the grounds that it would disadvantage male candidates, because they would not take it seriously.I truly do not understand.

This post was edited
RE:An unsuitable topic for discussion?

The topic was rejected on the grounds that it would disadvantage male candidates, because they would not take it seriously.
I think they don't want to deal with the topic. And they have to give any reason. Maybe their first thought without reading the paper.

This post was edited