Daring Nude Driving

Someone posted elsewhere on this site that the most daring way to drive nude was in a Jeep with the doors and roof off.
Has anyone here done so?
If you have, where?

This topic was edited
RE:Daring Nude Driving

Love doing that. I go out in the country/not so busy roads, strip down and ride around, it's such a great feeling having the wind blowing over your naked body

This post was edited

Both our Jeeps, as does most other Wrangler type Jeeps, have the ability to have the roof and doors off. Our windshields both fold down but I have not done so yet, mostly because my wife was driving my car, primarily. Now that she has her own Jeep, I can now do what I want with mine. Driving naked with the top off and the doors off could only be done out in the desert on BLM or Nat'l Park land. There, simple nudity isn't prohibited. If I were to do this, I would do it during our trips out to Death Valley Nat'l Park. We live in a city, in the suburbs and it would probably end me up in the pokie!

There is an upside and downside to doing this. Obviously, the upside is the increased feeling of freedom driving completely exposed to the elements. The downside, besides the obvious fact that it's against the law, some of the trails we visit can be overgrown with brush and tree limbs. Those usually give your vehicle, what 4x4'ers refer to as, pin strips. It's the small or large scratches on your paint job. Being naked with the doors off, you could get these pin strips on your leg, thigh and hip!! The doors do give you some protection from these pin strips your vehicle protects you from.

I've done a fair amount of naked 4x4ing out in Death Valley. On every trip for the last 13 years, I've gone off by myself and taken a naked drive up a trail. Twice, as I was out of the car and exploring, a Park Ranger (1 male and 1 female) drove by and stopped. Neither of them said anything about me being nude. The female ranger stayed and spoke to me the longest, probably 15 mins. Both stated that I needed to be extra careful being out there alone. I assured them that I had communication with base camp, my friends knew where I was and I was not going that far off the main road. The female ranger actually exited the truck and gave me some recommendations for exploration and then got in her truck, smiled and waved and drove off.

Only other reason it would be difficult to drive naked and topless and door less is that our group drives on trails that start out at sea level and climbs to almost 10,000ft. We've gone from 80+ degrees and sunny to cloudy, rainy, snowy and cold! When I do drive naked out in Death Valley, I remain within several hundred feet above sea level and within communication range of base camp. ;D

This post was edited

The legal issues would not be a problem in some other countries.

This post was edited

The legal issues would not be a problem in some other countries.

Such as...???

This post was edited

The legal issues would not be a problem in some other countries.Such as...???

From what I have read here and on other boards, Spain, France and the UK.

This post was edited

Someone on another board also posted that he drives a jeep nude with the roof and doors off.

This post was edited

Not sure if this counts. Me and wife were at a nudist resort in the Wrangler and old YJ with the Bikini top on it covers just the roll bar forward, and the half doors on. The weather was not supposed to arrive until after we had planned to leave. We were enjoying the night when it started raining, then got a little harder. We decided we needed to get on home I think a little lightening. i put my clothes in the center console the towel I was sitting on was soaked by then so i just sat on it. The wife was the same just sitting on towel nude, so as we were driving the rain got so bad i has having to wipe as much water off the inside of the windshield as was being wiped on the outside, it was whipping back under the top. We drove the whole way nude might have put the towel over our laps at a stop light but do not remember doing so. We have been caught out in the rain in the jeep with bikini top and half doors about three times. It was about a forty-five-minute drive, some back roads but some through town on start and finish also. We still laugh about it.

This post was edited

Not sure if this counts. Me and wife were at a nudist resort in the Wrangler and old YJ with the Bikini top on it covers just the roll bar forward, and the half doors on. The weather was not supposed to arrive until after we had planned to leave. We were enjoying the night when it started raining, then got a little harder. We decided we needed to get on home I think a little lightening. i put my clothes in the center console the towel I was sitting on was soaked by then so i just sat on it. The wife was the same just sitting on towel nude, so as we were driving the rain got so bad i has having to wipe as much water off the inside of the windshield as was being wiped on the outside, it was whipping back under the top. We drove the whole way nude might have put the towel over our laps at a stop light but do not remember doing so. We have been caught out in the rain in the jeep with bikini top and half doors about three times. It was about a forty-five-minute drive, some back roads but some through town on start and finish also. We still laugh about it.

Love the idea of being able to do that. It was a daring ride. I think the rain and visibility would have concerned me more than being naked! hahaha

Not many back roads that aren't highly populated, in our area. We once owned a Chrysler Sebring convertible. Had it for about 6 years and in the summers and warm nights, we'd routinely take a naked drive up the freeway around 11pm. The freeway was quiet around then. We'd get off and take a road up into the foothills and drive up the winding road. It was something we both looked forward to whenever it was a warm night.

I had the opportunity to buy my daughter and son in law's TJ with no top and 1/2 doors. It was a stick and the thought of driving that car everyday as my daily driver was not high on my list. Had I had a 3-car garage, I probably would have bought it. I would have taken it out a night to drive naked without a top on it. Not sure my wife would have been completely naked, but she would have worn a shirt unbuttoned until she had to button it.

This post was edited

Us Army Jeep a long time ago. Did not wait for the showers in the field so took it to the wash-point early AM. Me and the jeep squeaky clean in two minutes. Takes the "cold shower" to a whole new dimension!

This post was edited

Not a Jeep daring ride but ... speaking of "daring nude driving," before I retired, I did something I always wanted to do. Our station had a reserve fire engine. We performed a weekly drive test to ensure it was in working order. It was a slow day at the fire house. On a Sunday that is typically a down day for just responding on emergencies and not a lot of busy work.

One of my firefighters was doing some of the work I did so I told him, "I'll take the reserve out for its weekly spin." A few of the other guys on my shift, knowing I was a nudist and drove to work nude, said, "hey Cap, you should drive it naked before you retire." I'm certain I never told any one on the job that, that was what I've always wanted to do before retiring. We laughed and I walked out to the rig in a work jacket, my turnout boots/pants, my turnout coat and helmet.

The guys didn't follow me out. I got to the rig, open the driver's door, slipped out of my turnout pants/boots, threw them in the cab, along with coat and helmet. I kept the work jacket on, but it was unzipped. I sat on an old t shirt and fired her up. I drove around the town for about a half hour. People waved and smiled. I was certain they didn't realize I was nude, except for the jacket. It was a fun ride. When I returned back to the station, I climbed out, grabbed my gear and put it back on the front-line engine for the rest of the shift. A couple of the guys saw me and laughed and congratulated me on completing a bucket list item. Only wish cell phone we a bit more sophisticated back then.

This post was edited