So close!

I consider myself a pretty daring nudist but I am also not looking to be caught.
So the other night after finishing some work late I went to a public park/trial in the heart of suburbia to go for a nude walk like I have done many times before. This is later in the evening when almost everyone is home and I haven't yet come across another while on the paths. It was a nice night with cool air and I was soaking it all in. About half way is a parking lot area and as I approached I could hear voices that sounded like they were near the cars that I could barely make out in the darkness. Since my route would take me on the other end of the lot from them I decided to sneak by in the darkness. Normally, I would have turned around right there but it was nice out so I figured why not. After passing the lot I walked all the way to the park entrance area and was going to walk to the actual corner along a well used road.

Some cars approached and I stayed behind the trees and brush so as not to be seen. Just then another car approached and I thought it would drive by like the others but it didn't, it turned into the park! It was the law! I quickly ducked into the brush and crouched down just as the headlights and search light came across my spot. I didn't move to avoid being seen. After a minute or two they moved on further into the park searching as they went. I have no idea if they actually saw me or not.
Once they got a ways down the park road I made my way back down the path part way but I could see their lights searching the area right where I snuck by the people earlier so I was cut off. They must have been looking for the people in the cars because they kept searching and driving back and fourth for over 20 minutes. While I was waiting, the officer must have decided to wait them out and parked in a side lot and turned his lights off. There is one way out and they had to drive right by him to get out of the park.

I figured this was my chance to get out of there without being detained so I carefully made my way past the area by the cars and headed back towards where I was parked. At this point I didn't care if they saw me, only that the law didn't.
As I was walking back my hand brushed the sides of my legs and I figured out rather quickly that I must have knelt in spiny, thorny bushes of some kind because they were all in my legs and other parts below my waist. Wasn't too bad as I had them brushed off in a couple minutes.

I wondered if there would be more officers at the lot I was in when I arrived and what would I do if there were. Luckily, there wasn't, so I promptly got in the car and left before reinforcements arrived.

Yup, you guessed it, I drove home nude to boot.
Got real lucky. Whew that was close.

This topic was edited
RE:So close!

Liked the story. Glad it worked out for you. You do have to be careful around plants when hiding. I was just weeding the flower bed and my back touched one of the plants and it felt like I was stung multiple times on my back. I rubbed my back on my truck to make sure whatever it was got removed. I still dont know what it wasmay have been an allergic reaction to the plant. I was of course nude and strategically located when working on the front flower bed. Dont think anyone saw me but at the time it did not matter. I will be back in the flower bed weeding tomorrow and will watch out for that plant.

This post was edited

You are quite lucky. Around here parks generally close at sundown. When there are complaints etc of people where they should not be as you describe, the police will often bring in their helicopter which has thermal imaging and as I understand it some of the cars now do as well. I remember reading a story a while back about how police were called into an area where there had been burglaries and someone reported an attempted burglary. After the helicopter came in and spotted someone up a dense tree using the thermal imaging, police on the ground found a nude guy obviously on drugs up the tree and arrested him.

This post was edited

I, too, have enjoyed our nearby city park nude, late at night. It just seems like the natural thing to do. I don't do that very often, however, and never when I see other people nearby. Too risky, in the long run. Loved your story, though.

This post was edited

police on the ground found a nude guy obviously on drugs

The "go to" explanation when some one is nude in public?

This post was edited

In 2015 I had an experience where I was walking naked in a park in a place with few houses around at night, but I was surprised by a car that parked in the square close to where I was supposed to return. I was hidden behind a bush sitting on a rock - afraid that there might be a spider or other animal there because I had my butt exposed wearing only sneakers. That car left after a few minutes and I was able to leave.

This post was edited