RE: Columbus,Ohio?

From everything I have read, it is indeed legal for women to be topless in public in Columbus, OH. There have been many stories writen about this subject that you can find with a google search. There was a famous case in 2008 where police used a topless woman in a public park to encourage men to expose themselves. When the men did, the police swooped in and arrested the man for indecent exposure. The woman was not arrested, because it is legal for her to be topless. There is also a big festival every year called "comfest" where many women walk around topless.
Some Links:
https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/topless_woman_police_entrapment_sting/

https://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2009/jun/24/go_topless-ar-14569/

This post was edited

From everything I have read, it is indeed legal for women to be topless in public in Columbus, OH. There have been many stories writen about this subject that you can find with a google search. There was a famous case in 2008 where police used a topless woman in a public park to encourage men to expose themselves. When the men did, the police swooped in and arrested the man for indecent exposure. The woman was not arrested, because it is legal for her to be topless. There is also a big festival every year called "comfest" where many women walk around topless. Some Links: https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/topless_woman_police_entrapment_sting/ https://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2009/jun/24/go_topless-ar-14569/
There is also another group called GOTOPLESS.org Every year they have a US National Go-Topless Day....this year it's Sunday, August 21, 2011...So far, these are the cities participating this year.....Participating US cities so far on Aug 21, 2011: New York City,Washington DC,Miami,Chicago (North Avenue Beach),Los Angeles (Venice Beach),Seattle,Austin, TX,Columbus, OH,Honolulu, HI...and 2 Canadian cities...Toronto and Vancouver
Their website is very interesting...and hopefully more nudists will show support for the freedom of going topless anywhere just like men do when they are out and about...

This post was edited

I find it horribly irresponsible of lawmakers and society to frown on women going topless. Nipples are nipples! So when a guy struts down a street topless with "man boobs" shouldn't he then be charged with lewd and lascivious? The context of law suggests that! This country and it's laws are way out of line. I'm not at all suggesting abandoning them all but a re-write is certianly in order. Come on!
I agree. In Tenn a woman can be topless in public as long as her nipples are completly covered. I do wonder of a female wore a pasty that had the image of a male nipple if she will be legal.

Despite what the law says, it seems the Police arrest based on other grounds. Even if the Judge throws the case out of court there has been enough embarresment to effectively suppress the 'offensive' activity.

The commonly stated reasons for having anti-nudity laws are specious at best. such as protecting minors: well if a guy is naked one can soon see if he is having sexual desires around minors, better than if he were clothed - its an advantage !!. Same applies to offending a woman. The reality of it is that folks have a hangup about their bodies and view naked bodies as gross. They simply don't want to look at something they consider gross and hide behind laws that 'protect the women and children'.

The elimination of public nudity in the western world can be traced to indoor plumbing IMHO. In the 'good ole days' before indoor plumbing, folks would often bathe at 'public baths', so were accustomed to seeing each other naked once in a while. Americans shower daily in private. I was ridiculed for walking naked around the mens locker room at work just before taking a shower, 'look at him, you'd think he was at the house'. We've bread abuch of prudes that like to pass laws to justify their prudish nature.

This post was edited

I went to college in Columbus back in the late 70's and saw lots of women topless actually completely naked. My wife 2 or 3 of my buddies wives. They found out we were nudists and just wanted to hang out nude. I am still trying to figure out what happened? Tiny little bikinis, guys wearing small bikinis! Then it just stopped. Now women at the beach wearing something close to a burqa guys with swim suits on that goes to their ankles. WTF?

This post was edited

I was on line last night and read that it is legal in Columbus,Ohio for women to go topless.Is that true? Can I really walk out my front door topless? Can I really drive my car in Columbus topless? Can I really walk out on my deck in front of my neighbors and tan topless? and at the pool? If this is all true why is it that no one is doing this! In advance thanks for your comments.never had an arrest during the World Naked Bike Rides... so far, so good

This post was edited

speaking of World Naked Bike Ride ... do you know where the closest one will be?

This post was edited

I was on line last night and read that it is legal in Columbus,Ohio for women to go topless.Is that true? Can I really walk out my front door topless? Can I really drive my car in Columbus topless? Can I really walk out on my deck in front of my neighbors and tan topless? and at the pool? If this is all true why is it that no one is doing this! In advance thanks for your comments.

This post was edited

I was on line last night and read that it is legal in Columbus,Ohio for women to go topless.Is that true? Can I really walk out my front door topless? Can I really drive my car in Columbus topless? Can I really walk out on my deck in front of my neighbors and tan topless? and at the pool? If this is all true why is it that no one is doing this! In advance thanks for your comments.

From what the Columbus dispatch reported on the front page years back, it's completely legal for any woman to go topless with in the city limits. I've never heard or seen anything about it being a state law that you could anywhere in Ohio.

This post was edited

Laws only state what is Illegal and thus
you will not find a law anywhere in Ohio thatsay's that it is
legal for a women to be
topless. That being said, you also will not find a law from the
State that says topless women is illegal. The Ohio Supreme Court
ruled
that the showing of genitals is illegal but/and also ruled that
women's breast are NOTconsidered genitals.

Towns and City's is another story.
Just because the state doesn't say it's illegal doesn't mean that
city's cant make a law against it.
However, Columbus, Ohio has no laws against it, for now
anyways.In any state park in Ohio a women can go topless
because the state owns the park and have no laws against it.

The simple way to know for sure is to
simply make a 30 sec phone call to your local police department or
a park ranger.

I just recently had a conversation
with a (13 year) police dispatcher whom now works for the sheriffs
department and she said the same thing. It is legal across
the whole state of Ohio unless you are in a town or city that has
made other laws against it.

UPDATE: I just got off
the phone with a park ranger. She assured me that it is completely
legal but saysno one ever does it, there anyways.I also
called a distantpolice departmentand that
dispatcherhad a different story. When I asked if was legal
for a women to run the streets topless her answer was, umm no. like
I was an idiot for even asking.

The issue with police departments in
smaller city's is theyautomatically assume that it is illegal
like everybody else and therefore, if you happen to try it, you
will defiantly have a run in with them, but when they go to write
the ticket, they will have to find the law that says it's illegal
and since that law doesn't exist in Ohiothey will have to
walk away. Unless the city or town that you are in have ordinances
against it.

So long story short, Columbus is a city where it
is defiantly legal and the police are warned not to issue tickets
for it. If you drive through the country topless you would be fine.
Also. state parks is ok and therangers there are taught that
it is legal. Smaller cities and towns are probably not a good
idea unless you read through the ordinances first. Unless it
specifically states that a women'sbreast are to be covered it
is also legal there. Remember, laws books only say what is illegal
anddon'tsay what is legal so,if it doesn't say that it
is illegal then it is legal no matter what anyone else's opinion is
on it including the police.

2907.09 Public indecency.(A) No person shall recklessly do any of
the following, under circumstances in which the person's conduct is
likely to be viewed by and affront others who are in the person's
physical proximity and who are not members of the person's
household:
(1) Expose the person's private parts; (2) Engage in
sexual conduct or masturbation;(3) Engage in conduct that to an
ordinary observer would appear to be sexual conduct or
masturbation.
Notice there is nothing about breast only private
parts and according to the Ohio supreme court breast are not
private parts.

R.C. 2907.09(A)(1)"private parts" means
"genitals," not breast

https://lawhaha.com/judge-holds-that-female-breasts-are-not-private-parts/

https://www.naturistaction.org/AlertsAdvisoriesUpdates/ADVISORIES/Bourne_12-107/OH_2007_Lorien_Bourne_NAC_amicus_juris_12-10-07.pdf

Interestingly, expert testimony at appellants' trial suggested that
the enforced concealment of women's breasts reinforces cultural
obsession with them, contributes toward unhealthy attitudes about
breasts by both sexes and even discourages women from breastfeeding
their children.

This post was edited

From what the Columbus dispatch reported on the front page years back, it's completely legal for any woman to go topless with in the city limits. I've never heard or seen anything about it being a state law that you could anywhere in Ohio.

You dont
have enough time to handle your homework assignment? We can offer help in
completing any type of homework starting with 6 hours deadline and 8$ per page

This post was edited