Columbus,Ohio?

I was on line last night and read that it is legal in Columbus,Ohio for women to go topless.Is that true? Can I really walk out my front door topless? Can I really drive my car in Columbus topless? Can I really walk out on my deck in front of my neighbors and tan topless? and at the pool? If this is all true why is it that no one is doing this! In advance thanks for your comments.

This topic was edited
RE: Columbus,Ohio?

you can be topless anywhere in ohio as long as you are not causing a disturbance. such as numerous people complaining or a 5 car pile up due to the guys driving them were rubbernecking.

This post was edited

you can be topless anywhere in ohio as long as you are not causing a disturbance. such as numerous people complaining or a 5 car pile up due to the guys driving them were rubbernecking.
So Jaydog-If i was to go out topless not doing anything wrong,1st that is legal? 2nd if I am not doing anything wrong and the police gets complaints by a group of people that I am topless would I still get in trouble? And also instead of hiding at night driving my car,I could of been driving topless anytime day or night. If this is true.Why is it that noone knows this.

This post was edited

There's no universal "equal right" to toplessness; maybe that's the case in some places. But here in Hawaii, certainly, where male toplessness is very common, it is specifically illegal for a woman to be topless in public, with a careful anatomical description of just what part of the top has to be covered.

This post was edited

well if the woman was arrested for breastfeeding that is more or less a case of an over zealous cop. women can go topless at beaches in ohio as well. how it is handled is up to the particular cop. some police are super duper serious by the book, no way around it. others understand that some of the laws are a bit old or archaic and don't enforce them as prescribed.
the orc can be cut and pasted all anybody wants, but i've heard from law enforcement training instructors that women can be topless.

This post was edited

I find it horribly irresponsible of lawmakers and society to frown on women going topless. Nipples are nipples! So when a guy struts down a street topless with "man boobs" shouldn't he then be charged with lewd and lascivious? The context of law suggests that! This country and it's laws are way out of line. I'm not at all suggesting abandoning them all but a re-write is certianly in order. Come on!

This post was edited

Ya I dont think it is legal to go topless in ohio either! I read articles all the time about women getting arrested for breasting their babies in public, so if that is illegal, i surely dont think its legal to do it for lesiure. I am born and raised in Ohio, and have never heard that it was legal.

This post was edited

well it is legal. i'm more likely to take what i've been told by ranking police officers that teach at law enforcement academies than what people have heard.
the laws on the books are like the strike zone in a major league game, they are open to interpretation by each person doing the decision making.

This post was edited

well it is legal. i'm more likely to take what i've been told by ranking police officers that teach at law enforcement academies than what people have heard.the laws on the books are like the strike zone in a major league game, they are open to interpretation by each person doing the decision making.

AND...that is usually a judge and not a police officer. They don't always know the intracacies of the law.

This post was edited

if the police officer decides not to issue a citation or make an arrest then the judge has no say so in the matter since it was never brought before them.

This post was edited

The short version is no, technically it's not.
Cheri posted the long version.
Any version in between is subject to interpretation, how good your lawyer is, and how much money you would be willing to "invest."

This post was edited