Caught in the back yard

Early last year (our Summer) before lockdown and work from home became the norm where I was living, I used to have a large part of my back yard no-one could see when the neighbours were at work. Id not yet met the new tenants next door, but they both left for work each morning, and rarely used the room that glimpsed a strip of the yard, having it full of packing boxes.

Mid-morning, and I decide to do some work in the carport beside the garage in the back yard. Ive opened the garage door, to let some air and light in, in case I need to find tools there, but I will only go in the side door from the carport as the garage door is visible from the street. No need to get dressed, I think, as I wont be visible from the street, and as long as keep away from the back fence the neighbour there cant see me.

So I walk out the back door towards the carport, and out of the corner of my eye see movement at the window next door that looks at the path between me and the carport, the house where Id seen the tenants go off to work in the morning. A young man is there opening the curtain and the window, looking directly at me. Not wanting this to be the way I meet my new neighbours, I quickly walk the shorter distance into the garage, and make my way out the side into the carport.

Before I return to the house I find some shorts on the clothes-line, and on the way notice the neighbour is still near the window, now shirtless from what I can see, and sorting through boxes. I go over to the fence and say hello, introducing myself and apologising if I shocked him but explaining Im a nudist and thought hed gone to work. I quickly discovered hed just quit his job, and was also a home nudist, so wasnt offended but quite glad to discover we shared this lifestyle, which his partner didnt

For a couple of weeks until the other neighbours started working from home and overlooking most my yard, we managed to hang out a couple of times in my backyard when he wasnt job-hunting, and I knew he didnt care what he saw if he was home.. Since then Ive moved, and miss having such a good neighbour.

This topic was edited
No replies yet.