RE: Blocking

Is there anyway to block a member from your profile? I keep getting requests off one particular guy here who's proflle indicates he's only here for exhibitionism / voyeurism and I really don't want him getting his kicks from my pics!

Here'san Ideathat would solve the problem.

Instead of getting all up set and stressed about it, why no capitalise on the laziness and inability of these jerks, to actually read your profile. Just state clearly on it, that you delete ALL friend requests, without even looking at them, and Invite members to write to you.

Ask them to state what they think you have in common, and why they would like to become your friend, along with a request, for YOU, to send -them- a friend request.

Then, you no longer need to be annoyed and frustrated at having to look at them all, to sift out the few that may be of interest to you. This will instantly identify those that did not bother to read your profile, and you can just simply delete or ignore them all! :)

I suspect that far fewer guys will bother, or even be capable, of writing an intelligent note, and you will have a far better way of assessing, what they are like, and, if you want to respond to them.

This post was edited

After the 3rd reject, I've been lucky. The last one that kept asking for friendship several times and to whom I wrote a note, asked what I'm bothering him for. Some times they get it, and sometimes they don't.

This post was edited

The obnoxious requestor...Typically, I'll accept, wait a day or two, then delete them.They never seem to notice.

Love this idea !!

This post was edited

Here'san Ideathat would solve the problem.

Instead of getting all up set and stressed about it, why no capitalise on the laziness and inability of these jerks, to actually read your profile. Just state clearly on it, that you delete ALL friend requests, without even looking at them, and Invite members to write to you.

Ask them to state what they think you have in common, and why they would like to become your friend, along with a request, for YOU, to send -them- a friend request.

Then, you no longer need to be annoyed and frustrated at having to look at them all, to sift out the few that may be of interest to you. This will instantly identify those that did not bother to read your profile, and you can just simply delete or ignore them all! :)

I suspect that far fewer guys will bother, or even be capable, of writing an intelligent note, and you will have a far better way of assessing, what they are like, and, if you want to respond to them.

Great idea Phil. We started something similar about a week ago. We added a code word to our profile and reference to itin several places. It would be hard to read the profile and not notice it. We state:

"NOTE: Very few on this site read profiles before sending friend requests. That makes NO sense to us. If you want us to accept your friend request, please: - Send us a message - In that message or subjectinclude the word###### If you don't we'll assume you're just looking to collect pictures or add names to your list."

So far its worked very well for us. When a request/message come in, we know the personhas an idea who we are and what were interested in. YMMV

This post was edited

Great idea Phil. We started something similar about a week ago. We added a code word to our profile and reference to it t several places. It would be hard to read the profile and not notice it. We state:

"NOTE: Very few on this site read profiles before sending friend requests. That makes NO sense to us. If you want us to accept your friend request, please: - Send us a message - In that message or subjectinclude the word###### If you don't we'll assume you're just looking to collect pictures or add names to your list."

So far its worked very well for us. When a request/message come in, we know the personhas an idea who we are and what were interested in. YMMV
What an incredibly wonderful and simple idea.

This post was edited

another way to solve this problem is to just dont deny it, leave it in your box, and they can not send another. I ahve about 120 in my inbox currently! LOL, worth a try?
XX Kate

This post was edited

another way to solve this problem is to just dont deny it, leave it in your box, and they can not send another. I ahve about 120 in my inbox currently! LOL, worth a try?XX Kate
It's ok but in the end you have to dig through it all to find that one request you wanted to add.
I don't have the problem LOL but a friend of mine here did and she is now whittling down her inbox.

This post was edited

AGREED!!! That is the reason i have over 300 friend requests in my inbox! The when you do want to add someone, i have to go through the entire list, and it takes forever!!! Kate

This post was edited