Problems with a Photo Host and down-loading photos

Hi, I have my photos stored on Flckr, but am having problems downloading them from there to my computer.

Originally I transfer them from the camera to the computer, then to a watermarking service, then download back to the computer and on to here and a copy to Flckr. Everything worked fine untill I changed computers, (the original was XP, the one I am using now is the dreaded Vista). Things go okay untill I try to move the photos back to the computer, I nominate a folder for them to go into but they do not transfer to there. I first tried to transfer from the watermark site, but having problems with that,sent the images direct to Flckr.

Unfortunately I can't seem to download from there either (and yes I have checked the downloads folder, there is no sign of them there). Can anyone help please?

This topic was edited
Can anyone recommend a watermark service?

I want to start adding a watermark to my photos, can anyone recommend a good free one? Or is there a way to do it easily in some of the existing photo editing software I may already own?

This post was edited
RE: Problems with a Photo Host and down-loading photos

If you are using the dreaded and unloved Internet Exploder, try it with Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, or Apple Safari. IE may have a security setting that is blocking it.
I am using Firefox, not used IE since V4 or 5, but had v9 forced on me today. :(

This post was edited
RE: Problems with a Photo Host and down-loading photos

Vista may simply be deciding that you haven't paid the licensing fees to download those photos.
Never mind that they were yours to start with. That's why you don't find Vista in professional circles.

Watermarking
May I suggest GIMP ? Not as "user friendly" as photoshop, but free, and well used in pro environments.
I use GIMP if anything. Likewise, I could do it for you, but I'm not really into another full time job.

This post was edited
RE: Can anyone recommend a watermark service?

Thanks NIM, first off I think it may be a good idea to try some of me clothed, so that I can present them to Flckr. As I hear they are a little stuffy over nude stuff if it is discovered. Of course it is always possible that I may have overlooked something blindingly obvious, when I started using Vista I did not know about the default downloads folder.

This post was edited