Greece in 2022

My wife and I are seriously considering a trip to Greece in 2022. In the past when traveling in Europe we have found that doing a cruise gives us the best "bang for the buck". Wee would like to travel to as many nude beaches - locations as possible while there. I thought I would reach of to the community to see if many or any of you have experience traveling to Greece? Do you have any suggestions? It would be great to find another couple or couples that would like to travel along as well. If you may be interested please let us know. Lastly I want to make it clear that we are a deeply committed couple, and are NOT swingers. We dont judge if you are into that lifestyle, we just know that it isnt for us. Otherwise please respond with any suggestions. Thank you!

This topic was edited
RE:Greece in 2022

I hope you have searched and read Capitain Barefoot's website where he reports on nude beaches in Greece. Probably THE best source you'll find. Have a good time on your trip.

This post was edited

Definitely agree on the Cap'n Barefoot site. Also, remind us when we see you at camp (Memorial Day seems so far away!) and we can tell you about our trip to Greece a couple of years ago. We did a big ship cruise (Royal Caribbean), so not sure if you are thinking something smaller that can get to more remote beaches. But we had nude beach options in Mykonos, Rhodes, and Santorini even from a big ship.

This post was edited

Thank you both. Yes I have studied Capt'n barefoot extensively. It looks like 2022 is beginiing to look like a longshot. We'r estill not sure about the Covid situation and a lot of cruises are still being cancelled. We will see what takes shape in the coming months. Otherwise we'll start thinkking about 2023.

This post was edited

While cruises offer fixed costs that can be especially attractive for expensive European countries, I think you'd be surprised how affordable a self-directed land-based vacation in Greece can be. You *might* not visit as many different nude beaches (although that would depend on choices you make) but you will experience Greece much more intimately. I've stayed at affordable Airbnbs, VRBOs and small pensions in Zakynthos, Kefalonia, Crete, Corfu, Mykonos and Santonini (not one trip) and enjoyed nude beach time on each. To maximize the number of different beaches you visit, basing yourselves in Athens could work well. (Cap'n Barefoot covers many beaches not far from Athens, but I spent my short visits there sight-seeing. However, I can attest to the affordable, centrally-located and very nice hotel room we stayed in.) One thing: Unless you intend to stick to taxis, make sure you get an IDP (International Drivers Permit) before you go. You won't be able to rent a scooter let alone a car without one.

This post was edited

Forget touring the other islands, we have been to them all. Go to Crete and the Vritomatis hotel/resort they also offer day trips to other nude beaches by boat and have their own private beach with cafe serving hot food and beer lol. We have been there 5 times now and love it there in August. though this year we are off there in May

M&A

This post was edited

... I think you'd be surprised how affordable a self-directed land-based vacation in Greece can be. You *might* not visit as many different nude beaches (although that would depend on choices you make) but you will experience Greece much more intimately. ... One thing: Unless you intend to stick to taxis, make sure you get an IDP (International Drivers Permit) before you go. You won't be able to rent a scooter let alone a car without one.

I have to agree with this assessment. Also, booking your interisland travel from Greece or Europe can be significantly cheaper than the U.S. My first impression was you would take interisland ferries. Lots of interesting You Tube vids about that. Booking travel to Europe separately from travel in Europe can be a huge cost savings. We have last minute travel deals here that are super cheap. Accessing them from the states can be frustratingly hard. The savings are well worth it. It might mean flying to London(or etc.) first then a separate trip to Greece.

I don't know what the deal is with the IDP, but on Samos they were insistent about that. I didn't need one in the Canarias, I doubt I would in Mainland Spain. European regulations say your lic. is plenty but if they won't rent then you are S O L.

Vritro is great. If you only got a week (and a big wad of dough), by all means its the go to. In my limited experience, I wouldn't overlook other places.

As far as this summer, "Its a Thunderbirds Are Go!," Git yer Greece On!
Business is a Boomin' for Summer vacation bookings here in Scandinavia. All that cabinfever I guess. Short of Nuclear War, its happening.

This post was edited

heartily second that , Vritomartis is a brill place to go , we've been three times and totally love it . Such a good atmosphere , beach is lovely too !

This post was edited