RE:G STRINGS

I'm not certain that's correct - my understanding from the most recent anthropological studies is that clothing was developed to keep us warm at a time when humans had shed their fur and were pushing further north into Europe. This has been evidenced by many studies around lice across the primate group.

Around this same time (shortly after shedding fur) humans also developed the 'shame factor' to ensure they stayed as couples to raise the offspring - as humans not only have one of the longest gestation periods but also the longest timeline to independence from parents.

I think there is a lot of speculative beliefs around clothing in our community that reflect issues that came much later. Amongst those are 'decency' and morality (as set by religion), safety/warfare/defence and also 'belonging' (dressing the same to show tribal or cultural participation).

This post was edited

I asked my wife for an answer (as she doesn't have a profile on here) - hell no was her reply.

She elaborated to say that the sooner all beaches are C/O the better off we'll all be and those who wish to wear nothing can, those who want to pretend (g-string etc) they wear nothing can and those who wish to be fully clad can - and that way we can all get on with our lives!

This post was edited

Is it our right to pick and choose for others though? Surely no matter what your shape you're allowed to wear whatever you like, inlcuding nothing at all.

This post was edited

Is it our right to pick and choose for others though? Surely no matter what your shape you're allowed to wear whatever you like, inlcuding nothing at all.

Yip, I like to wear donkey ears on the beach. Please dont judge me.

This post was edited

I need a new G string for my guitar.

Haha - thats about the only kind of G string I have anything to do with.

This post was edited

I need a new G string for my guitar.

Just like Bach's air for a G string is not music for a strip routine.

This post was edited

In Australia, more and more girls and young women are wearing g string bikinis. I don't have a problem with that because some girls look sensational (although some should give it a miss). I have never seen a guy wearing one at the beach, in fact normal beach attire for blokes is board shorts, it's only some people of my age that tend to wear speedos. My question is to the girls here, do you think guys wearing g strings on the beach is a good look?Not only women but also some men should avoid g string.

True, but a lot fewer men wear them.

This post was edited

True, but a lot fewer men wear them.

Yeah, those are the men hes talking about.

This post was edited

On Hollywood Beach in Chicago, men wear g strings because nudity is illegal and it's the closest they can be to naked without getting arrested. One sided thongs and C-strings are skimpier versions of not quite naked, but they don't strike me as functional.
I agree that skimpy is more enticing than naked. However, skimpy can also feel like a form of modesty to cover body parts people feel shame over. Thus, non-nudists may prefer to cover a penis they feel is "too small" or wear a swim shirt to hide moobs. This of course only creates more self-consciousness. In the unmasked sun and wind everything becomes one and equal.

This post was edited

My thought is that if you are going to wear something as skimpy as a G-string (whether you are male or female), why wear anything at all?
You may as well just be nude.

This post was edited