A dictatorship underway in Italy

Best wishes to everyone from Italy. I am writing this post, a little off topic with respect to the group's intentions to bring to your knowledge the very serious events that have been happening in Italy for a couple of years now. I know that something similar is happening almost everywhere in the world but here in Italy it is taking place in a particularly strong way and with a very strong censorship of anything that says something different to the voice of the government. Huge discrimination is carried out against people who are not vaccinated (or vaccinated with only one or two doses) effectively preventing them from working, making non-essential food purchases, asking for documents such as passports, accessing banks, attending bars, restaurants , public meetings. In fact, only strictly essential food items, medicines and very little else are allowed. Any treatment other than the vaccine is prohibited or otherwise hindered. The doctors who oppose are disbarred from the professional register and placed on condition not to work. Doctors who publicly talked about alternative treatments were killed. Nothing that really happens in Italy is communicated abroad and a climate of growing hatred towards unvaccinated people is constantly fed, the newspapers can only publish what the government has said. I myself am seriously at risk of losing my job within a few days and reduced to extremely precarious conditions. I am writing this so that we know that Italy is under a dictatorial regime, and the saddest thing is the blind resignation and the total absence of reason of the majority of the population. I think it is right that this situation be brought to the attention of those who, living outside Italy, do not know the real situation we are experiencing. Thanks for the attention.

This topic was edited
RE:A dictatorship underway in Italy.

Best wishes to everyone from Italy. I am writing this post, a little off topic with respect to the group's intentions to bring to your knowledge the very serious events that have been happening in Italy for a couple of years now. I know that something similar is happening almost everywhere in the world but here in Italy it is taking place in a particularly strong way and with a very strong censorship of anything that says something different to the voice of the government. Huge discrimination is carried out against people who are not vaccinated (or vaccinated with only one or two doses) effectively preventing them from working, making non-essential food purchases, asking for documents such as passports, accessing banks, attending bars, restaurants , public meetings. In fact, only strictly essential food items, medicines and very little else are allowed. Any treatment other than the vaccine is prohibited or otherwise hindered. The doctors who oppose are disbarred from the professional register and placed on condition not to work. Doctors who publicly talked about alternative treatments were killed. Nothing that really happens in Italy is communicated abroad and a climate of growing hatred towards unvaccinated people is constantly fed, the newspapers can only publish what the government has said. I myself am seriously at risk of losing my job within a few days and reduced to extremely precarious conditions. I am writing this so that we know that Italy is under a dictatorial regime, and the saddest thing is the blind resignation and the total absence of reason of the majority of the population. I think it is right that this situation be brought to the attention of those who, living outside Italy, do not know the real situation we are experiencing. Thanks for the attention.
My hopes and prayers are with you over in Italy. This is a good place to post about this as other media sites are being censored to keep the truth from coming out and the mainstream media is not reporting the truth at all but just what they are told to say. What you posted above is happening in many other countries as well. Here in Canada we are heading down that same road. I'm 62 and have lived my life in a very good and free country but now am protesting the evil regime that is slowly taking away our rights and freedoms. I can't go to a restaurant, sports event, bar, theater etc as I am unvaccinated. In the province of Quebec you have to be vaccinated to go to church and they also have a curfew at night. In Ontario there is restricted numbers allowed in churches and masks are mandatory and some churches are enforcing the vaccine mandate. Some are not complying and we have seen some pastors fined and some arrested. We also have doctors, nurses and front line workers losing their jobs for speaking out. It would be good if many of us around the world can get connected through this post and then connect through email. Like everyone else out there, I just want to live a good and free life and would like to do it naked if ever possible but that's another issue. For now we just need to stand up for everyones rights and freedoms around the world. Read this quote years ago "Evil will only prosper when good men do nothing" The fist step is make the connection with others around the world.
Doug1959

This post was edited

Thanks for your message and your friendship. I think it is essential in this sad moment to keep in touch with each other and exchange information and proposals. A warm greeting.

This post was edited

Looking from afar, Italy has for a long time seemed to have an uneasy relationship with various freedoms, and I understand your frustrations with the restrictions as you describe them.

As an Australian I'm seeing similar restrictions here which is in many ways inconsistent with our historical image of being 'young and free' as our national anthem said*. We have a large community of people with Italian heritage whose forebears took the chance to move to a foreign land to share in the opportunities it offered. Whether that freedom was real or just precieved in the past, it appears largely gone for now as state premiers persist in applying restrictions with draconian penalties while the federal leadership facilitates rather than opposing it. I know of people relocating out of our country as a result of the last few years, or at least interstate for a slight improvement.

Hopefully elections will allow us to reorientate this year, but I am not confident.

* 'Young and free' was recently changed to 'one and free' in our national anthem. Right now, we are definitely not as 'one'.

This post was edited

Thanks for the message. I know Australia is also having a hard time. Here in Italy I painfully observed a widespread passivity in the majority of people who uncritically accept any government measure. I hope that what is happening in Canada and neighboring France can move people to regain dignity and freedom. And that this happens not only here but everywhere.

This post was edited

Thanks for the message. I know Australia is also having a hard time. Here in Italy I painfully observed a widespread passivity in the majority of people who uncritically accept any government measure. I hope that what is happening in Canada and neighboring France can move people to regain dignity and freedom. And that this happens not only here but everywhere.

This post was edited

Just now, if thought I'd check in what our media are saying. There's a big protest in our national capital Canberra (it's like a scaled-down version of Washington DC, but even more isolated from major populations) and the photos show huge crowds filling the plaza between the old Parliament House and the massive new one.

The first article I found studiously ignores the message of the protest and instead concentrates on the fact that protesters are holding their national flags upside down as a symbol of distress, when that use is not in agreement with our national flag protocol!

(I guess the use of an upside down flag to show distress is not a common use as it just does not work for every flag. An Italian will surely understand! :-) )

Edit: a picture: Canberra protesters

This post was edited

In Italy there is no such meaning for the inverted flag, but I am glad that people are waking up. I hope something happens here in Italy too ...

This post was edited

a rational and responsible adult would be vaccinated and understand that they have done their part... the unvaccinated are doing one thing...and that's being petri dishes for the next variant. they are the single reason corvid will not go away, and why it has been so bad in so many areas. selfish, narcissistic science deniers should be treated differently, as they risk not only themselves, but everyone else around them

This post was edited
RE:A dictatorship underway in Italy

Non credo che in Italia ci sia la dittatura ma un senso di civilt, non viviamo da soli ma in una comunit e ci deve essere rispetto verso tutti non bisogna con le proprie scelte mettere in pericolo gli altri , se non ci fossero stati i vaccini ora saremmo ancora isolati a vivere una vita irreale senza pensare alle gravi conseguenze che possono derivare dal mancato rapporto con gli altri , l'uomo un essere sociale.

This post was edited
RE:A dictatorship underway in Italy

Rispetto la tua opinione che non condivido minimamente, soffioleggero, e rimango della mia opinione, hanno sottratto la libert esagerando volutamente i dati sul contagio e dividendo la societ in modo terribile. Sar comunque il tempo a mostrare dov'era la vera ragione. Buon proseguimento.

This post was edited