Naked upon the sea.

Nothing like being on the water soaking up the sun and a gentle sea breeze blowing all over.

This topic was edited
RE:Naked upon the sea.

Im sure it is. Something Ive always wanted to try.

This post was edited

My last visit to the Great Barrier Reef saw me enjoying the top deck in just my swimsuit for the ride back to the coast. Almost everyone else on the boat had changed back into street clothes, but I dared to extend the experience. In hindsight, I could have also done the same for the trip out, but I was not bold enough to try, but someone has to start a trend, no?

This post was edited

Im sure it is. Something Ive always wanted to try.

Me, too!

This post was edited

My last visit to the Great Barrier Reef saw me enjoying the top deck in just my swimsuit for the ride back to the coast. Almost everyone else on the boat had changed back into street clothes, but I dared to extend the experience. In hindsight, I could have also done the same for the trip out, but I was not bold enough to try, but someone has to start a trend, no?

True, next time try it both ways. Better yet, get on the boat in your swimsuit and have not other clothing with you.
Were you wearing a brief swimsuit or one that could pass for shorts?

This post was edited

Actually, the perfect way would be to book out one of the smaller boats with friends and do it 100% suit free, if they accept that.

My wife and I did a smaller boat on our first visit to the reef, perhaps 30 passengers, but she gets seasick and the smaller boat is worse for her than the big one carrying hundreds. I preferred the smaller one for the intimacy and their ability to choose the best reef for the weather on the day. The big boat goes to a platform so it's always the same place, but they do also allow a ride on their glass-bottomed boat, and lunch served on a level surface. :-) I found I rode the glass-bottomed boat once and maxed-out the rest of my time snorkeling. I'm not even sure the smaller boats run anymore given the bureaucracy around the management of the reef.

I wore one of my more modest suits for the trip, given the likely scene. Highish 1" sides, modest rear, lined but seamed front, bright patterned fabric. As usual, I don't recall any other guy wearing anything other than board shorts, with the females in a wider range of suits. Given it's an all-ages affair, I was happy to dare to stay that way until we got back; wearing less on the way out (or even walking to the marina that way) would be next level and probably too much for my kids, let alone anyone else! It also helped that for the return ride, most preferred to stay on the lower covered deck than ride on top in the wind and the sun. I may have been less brave had the top deck been packed with the clothed ones.

This post was edited

Actually, the perfect way would be to book out one of the smaller boats with friends and do it 100% suit free, if they accept that.
The perfect way would be to wrap a towel around your waist for boarding and not have any clothing with you!

This post was edited

By Minimalist 75:

"Were you wearing a brief swimsuit or one that could pass for shorts?"

These. Less daring than some of mine, but definitely not shorts!

This post was edited

That sounds amazing!! Bucket list for sure!

This post was edited

We spend 2 weeks at a time on the water totally nude. As soon as we clear the channel we drop the trunks and are naked for the next 14 days. We look forward to the trip every year.

This post was edited

We spend 2 weeks at a time on the water totally nude. As soon as we clear the channel we drop the trunks and are naked for the next 14 days. We look forward to the trip every year.

Where do you do this?
Do you have no clothing with you except one pair of trunks?

This post was edited