Nude and Canadian politics

Since the Canadian election smear campaign started off with aligations of of the NDP leader being caught nude - now we have a PC majority in power - what is the future of nude recreation in Canada?

This topic was edited
RE: Nude and Canadian politics

Since the Canadian election smear campaign started off with aligations of of the NDP leader being caught nude - now we have a PC majority in power - what is the future of nude recreation in Canada?
Why, do you fear gulags and concentration camps now that Harper has a majority? BTW, my wife and I both voted conservative and are proud of it. I had hoped the fear mongering would stop after last Monday, but no such luck.

This post was edited

Why, do you fear gulags and concentration camps now that Harper has a majority? BTW, my wife and I both voted conservative and are proud of it. I had hoped the fear mongering would stop after last Monday, but no such luck.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Fear mongering and concentration camps are definetly not in our future:-) It is commonly known the PC politions and their supporters of the old school of mostly old christian beliefs, or at least put the show on when it is benifical to do so.

This post was edited

could this be the endof the naked news ? !!!!

This post was edited

Not sure I want to see Jack naked!

This post was edited

Canada, generally speaking, has seemed to me to have a much more tolerant attitude to nudism/naturism than the US. Hope things wont change there!

This post was edited

I don't think nudists or nudism is on the radar of the new government at all or of the opposition. Finally we are away from minority governments in which the main object seems to be sniping at the opponents to a majority in which things can actually be accomplished. Nudist recreation is really a non-starter and we are in no danger.

This post was edited

I don't think nudists or nudism is on the radar of the new government at all or of the opposition. Finally we are away from minority governments in which the main object seems to be sniping at the opponents to a majority in which things can actually be accomplished. Nudist recreation is really a non-starter and we are in no danger.
I often wondered if there if more to know. Often thought the highly populated ends of our country were a little further ahead in thinking which really don't change the laws across the land.

This post was edited
What I think will happen

Hello,
I don't think that politics will have much play into it. What I'm hoping to see is a favourable outcome to the upcoming nudity trial in Bracebridge (mid May I think). If the decision is favourable I don't see the laws being rewritten, as it would likely be too difficult especially if it is a sound Charter decision.
I suspect that the federal government will leave it alone and follow a course similar to the female topless decision in Guelph almost two decades ago. That is, the federal government will get out of regulating nudity and leave it to either the provinces or the municipalities to enact local ordinances.
Dudenopants

This post was edited
RE: What I think will happen

That is, the federal government will get out of regulating nudity and leave it to either the provinces or the municipalities to enact local ordinances.Dudenopants
That could has as many differences as there are aspiring polititions :-)

This post was edited

Canada, generally speaking, has seemed to me to have a much more tolerant attitude to nudism/naturism than the US. Hope things wont change there!

Being American, with a Canadian partner, I can agree with this, most Canadians I know have no issues at all with nudity. I even saw people change thier clothes out on the streets on Vancouver at the last Olympics.

This post was edited