RE: Westboro Baptist Church

God bless them! With arseholes like Phelps and his "church" of thugs shamelessly abusing their constitutional rights, the group is performing a public service.
NudeInMA is correct. You may not like it but the church is allowed to do what they do becasue of the the ol ACLU. Freedom of speech. I hate the group as much as anyone else, becasue I am a vet from Nam. But those that want freedom of speech are allowing this kind of group to exist. Under the law all you can do is grin and bear it.

This post was edited

Some of you may not like Palin or Bush. That is your right not to like some one who stands up for what they believe in. John Kerry, Obama and others they stand up for what they believe in depending on who they are talking to. They change sides more than they do there underware.

This post was edited

That is my hand in the middle pleading Please Let this Thread Die.

This post was edited

Back on topic! No one, EVER, demonstrates with the Phelpses; they are alone, with no visible support. Two techniques have worked well against them. In Topeka, and at occasional other venues, they are simply ignored; without publicity, they aren't effective, aren't interested, and generally don't stick around. That's not complicity! It's clever combat. And sometimes a counter-demonstration: A circle of people surrounds them, backs turned to them, facing out toward any crowd or cameras, with no signs, no shouting, no nothing of interest to the camera. Same effect - and a good number of these quiet counter-demonstrators are professed Christians themselves.

This post was edited
RE: Baptists

that numbskull phelps even hates most of them too.

This post was edited

Mr Mesca, a young wet behind the ears kid who knows nothing about life but thinks he does. He is the type that voted for the man who walks on water and lies every time his lips move. Non other than bull=sh-tter Obama. He condems anyone who has morals and loves a person who does everything to destroy america. Good job little kid.

This post was edited

I served with the 173rd Airborne in Nam in 67-68. I hate the Westboro as much as anyone, but it is the ACLU that you should hate also. They are the ones that let this happen, and burning the flag, no pledge of allegence. They are taking away our values and letting the scum rule us.

This post was edited

Millions of evangelicals support Phelps. Don't kid yourself.
I am a christian, and my church doesn't preach that stuff. Where do you come up with your numbers?

This post was edited

People gripe about moderate muslims supporting Al Qaida or the Taliban, because they don't do anything to stop them. The same applies to evangelicals about Phelps. Support through lack of action.
What part do you not understand. They have to break the law before you can stop them. They have lawyers, and they know how far they can push an still not break the law.

This post was edited
RE: westboro

nice topic

This post was edited