ATX - WNBR

Date - June 11, 2022

This topic was edited
RE:ATX - WNBR

Austin TX. Is one of the early June rides I am looking into. I am sure it will be warm. I would love to hear from anyone in the area that has participated or was a spectator for it. I am interested in information about Bicycle rentals in the area, Lodging . And other nude things to do in the area. The WNBR page has 2 links. on to a website that does not appear to be there anymore and one to a facebook page that does me no good since I refuse to join facebook.

This post was edited

There are 3 WNBR events in the East or Midwest on June,11. ( edit- actually 4, forgot Columbus, OH) Toronto, NOLA and ATX. I have done NOLA twice, 2019 &02021. Really enjoyed it, but want to try a new one. I am a little reluctant about Toronto since the logistics don't work very well and the risk of cold (by Florida standards) weather so it looks like my first, hopefully of many WNBR of 2022 will be ATX. I did check out their website and signed up for email updates.
I have a bunch of questions.
First off What is the start and finish location for the ride? This is important as far as booking a room and renting a bike.
I am going to be doing this on a bit of a tight budget and would like to avoid renting a car. How is public transportation, to and from the airport and around town or is Uber / Lyft a good option? Obviously if I am going to spend as much on Uber rides as a car rental would cost, I will just go ahead and rent a car
Any clothing optional accommodations in the area? Again I would have to know where the ride is so I can stay fairly close.
Any other kind of nudist places in the area?
Any information would be appreciated.
Looking forward to it, and yes, I ride nude
You can PM me here or email at alltanned@hotmail.com just say you are from TN

This post was edited

There are 3 WNBR events in the East or Midwest on June,11. ( edit- actually 4, forgot Columbus, OH) Toronto, NOLA and ATX. I have done NOLA twice, 2019 &02021. Really enjoyed it, but want to try a new one. I am a little reluctant about Toronto since the logistics don't work very well and the risk of cold (by Florida standards) weather so it looks like my first, hopefully of many WNBR of 2022 will be ATX. I did check out their website and signed up for email updates.I have a bunch of questions.First off What is the start and finish location for the ride? This is important as far as booking a room and renting a bike.I am going to be doing this on a bit of a tight budget and would like to avoid renting a car. How is public transportation, to and from the airport and around town or is Uber / Lyft a good option? Obviously if I am going to spend as much on Uber rides as a car rental would cost, I will just go ahead and rent a carAny clothing optional accommodations in the area? Again I would have to know where the ride is so I can stay fairly close.Any other kind of nudist places in the area?Any information would be appreciated.Looking forward to it, and yes, I ride nudeYou can PM me here or email at alltanned@hotmail.com just say you are from TN
Philadelphia doesn't release the route until close to the date of the race and I think some other cities do the same. Don't know about Austin specifically.

This post was edited

Everything came together and the ride was great. It was 103 degrees earlier in the day, so glad this was an evening ride. The ride was divided into 3 stages with 2 -15 min rest stops in between. Overall took about 3 hours. I suppose there was a group meeting at Pease park after the ride, but since I had a 6AM flight the next morning, I could not stay for it.
One thing I did notice right away is there seemed to be a lot of younger riders. Most of my previous rides the majority of the riders were older and a very small minority of younger (under 40) riders. Here it was about 50/50. Nice to see a new generation of riders.
Anyone thinking of visiting Austin for the ride, or just to visit---DO IT!! What a great area. Hippie Hollow is a must visit. I wish I could have spent more time there. I will be back.

This post was edited

Glad to hear that it worked so well for you.
I noticed on the map that the ride was a closed loop back to the starting point.
Does that mean that you didn't have to take any clothing with you?
Many relatively young adults have moved to Austin in recent years so that may explain why there were a larger number of young riders than usual.

This post was edited