RE:My thoughts on clothing optional vs nudist

Please stop yelling.

This post was edited
RE:My thoughts on clothing optional vs nudist

Yes some need time to 'transition' to nudism but would it be better to 'just jump in'?

If it could be done, I think it would be interesting to poll "formerly reluctant spouses" (who took time "transitioning") on whether they feel "gradual acclimatization" was truly beneficial.
Because my "anecdotal evidence" suggests that women who took that approach - and ended up socially nude down the road - often expressed that they "wished they'd just done it earlier."

After waffling initially on social nudity, my (first) wife decided to take a "gradual acclimatization" approach, which included being nude only to swim or away from other people, and being at least partially covered when interacting with other nudists. The only issue was that once she got "on the fence", she couldn't quite make up her mind about "getting off of it." It was only after several trips, and quite some time, that an interaction with some friendly nudist women gave her the "push" to finally get "off the fence." Her "compulsive covering-up" was brought up - in a friendly way, which motivated her decision to drop her sarong and be completely naked with them. Once she made "the jump", she was "off the fence" and chose to be naked around other nudists from then on.
She would agree that "gradual acclimatization" didn't really work for her. And my "anecdotal evidence" would suggest it rarely does - at least not in a long-term manner. My (current) wife would say it does work; but then her own "gradual acclimatization" occurred over mere hours - not many months. On her first trip she started out with a cover-up; and by the end of the day she was walking around the pool area naked. Once you get "on the fence" about being seen naked; the longer you stretch it out, the harder it is to "get off of it."

That being said, I also recognize the fact that some reluctant spouses specifically choose to "accompany but not participate." C/O might then be an appropriate consensus for these couples. But the idea of C/O combined with extended "gradual acclimatization" to avoid "jumping in" actually complicates the "process", IMHO.

This post was edited