RE:My thoughts on clothing optional vs nudist

Guess what! I truly believe most people and nudists are no exception we definitely know when as nudists we can drink and when we can't. I am sick and tired of people and others trying to tell other people how to behave when they are nude! ARE YOU KIDDING YOU IDIOTS!
VERY DISAPOINTED IN MY NUDIST COLLEAGUES WHO THINK THEY AND ONLY THEY CAN TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO WHEN THEY ARE NUDE!
Hickguy M.D.

This post was edited

Thank you for that information. I would ONLY GO TO A TRUE NUDIST EVERYONE NUDE RESORT! WHY? Because I trust nudists who are nude and since I know nothing about them or them me I always walk up and start a conversation in the nude of both or all of us! It is the only way to be as a nudist in a group of nudists! I WILL NEVER EVER GO TO A CAMP WHERE PEOPLE CAN GET AWAY WITH WEARING CLOTHING UNLESS THEY ARE ILL!
Hickguy M.D.

This post was edited

While I understand your approach, I will say that at the smaller resorts we frequent, I have not had any issues. There are a couple of wives that do not get nude even though their husbands do & they are not hesitant to join in group conversations. On several occasions I have gone up to them while nude and had pleasant discussions and then continued on my way. I am sure it might not be the same in all areas of the country but its been fine in the Deep South.

This post was edited

So I think this is a really interesting topic. Im a relatively new nudist, started with sleeping nude in high school (now about to be 30) and worked my way up to full on nudist at public places and full time at home over the last 7 or so years. I love going to camp grounds, beaches and resorts that promote and accept nudism. My partner on the other hand is much more hesitant and says they have to be in the right mood or the vibe has to be right. This make clothing optional locations more viable for us a couple. Things I have notice as a LGBTQ+ couple is that the locations we go to if they are clothing optional tend to range more sexual then what I have heard about Nudist resorts. In my experience some these places have a culture of if your nude your looking to hook up. While I recognize myself as more sexual then the average nudist, I can understand the appeal of nudist places that dont have that overt sexual culture, but given that my partner like the freedom to choose I dont see us visiting too many places where clothing is not an option. Thats said I have also found some clothing optional places that strike the perfect balance for us, but it took a lot of trying out to find places that worked. Would love to hear from other LGBTQ+ nudist if they have similar experiences.

This post was edited

So I think this is a really interesting topic. Im a relatively new nudist, started with sleeping nude in high school (now about to be 30) and worked my way up to full on nudist at public places and full time at home over the last 7 or so years. I love going to camp grounds, beaches and resorts that promote and accept nudism. My partner on the other hand is much more hesitant and says they have to be in the right mood or the vibe has to be right. This make clothing optional locations more viable for us a couple. Things I have notice as a LGBTQ+ couple is that the locations we go to if they are clothing optional tend to range more sexual then what I have heard about Nudist resorts. In my experience some these places have a culture of if your nude your looking to hook up. While I recognize myself as more sexual then the average nudist, I can understand the appeal of nudist places that dont have that overt sexual culture, but given that my partner like the freedom to choose I dont see us visiting too many places where clothing is not an option. Thats said I have also found some clothing optional places that strike the perfect balance for us, but it took a lot of trying out to find places that worked. Would love to hear from other LGBTQ+ nudist if they have similar experiences.
Are the resorts you visit male only or both genders?

This post was edited

doneright wrote:

I always wonder how you can 'try' something without doing it 100%? Using the logic on most things, you'd be like, how does that work? Try eating something new by just looking at it, how is that 'eating' it? Try 'driving', how does that work just getting in the car and not driving? So you are going to 'try' nudism but you stay clothed, were you nude?.

I get what you're saying. But just being exposed to something is the first step to embracing it. You can't taste something new by just looking at it, but if you're at a barbeque and you smell that chicken cooking, you're likely to get interested in tasting it. And if a person who has never seen an automobile is put in the driver's seat, that person will not have clue about what to do. But most of us have been in the passenger seat of a car since they were kids, and we've already amassed a lot of experience in what the sensation of driving is. And we've seen the person in the driver's seat operating the controls, using the brakes and steering wheel and such, so we were prepared for the driver's seat to some extent.

So while you can't really experience social nudity without trying it, you can get a taste of it by seeing how others react to it with each other. From that, it's a much shorter step to doing it yourself.

This post was edited

So I think this is a really interesting topic. Im a relatively new nudist, started with sleeping nude in high school (now about to be 30) and worked my way up to full on nudist at public places and full time at home over the last 7 or so years. I love going to camp grounds, beaches and resorts that promote and accept nudism. My partner on the other hand is much more hesitant and says they have to be in the right mood or the vibe has to be right. This make clothing optional locations more viable for us a couple. Things I have notice as a LGBTQ+ couple is that the locations we go to if they are clothing optional tend to range more sexual then what I have heard about Nudist resorts. In my experience some these places have a culture of if your nude your looking to hook up. While I recognize myself as more sexual then the average nudist, I can understand the appeal of nudist places that dont have that overt sexual culture, but given that my partner like the freedom to choose I dont see us visiting too many places where clothing is not an option. Thats said I have also found some clothing optional places that strike the perfect balance for us, but it took a lot of trying out to find places that worked. Would love to hear from other LGBTQ+ nudist if they have similar experiences.Are the resorts you visit male only or both genders?

Ive been to a little bit of both, most of the camp grounds I have been to are open to all but only at the last one we went to that were really liked were there any women there. For the beach resort we go to every summer, the beach is open to all, genders and ages, but the resort is men only 21+.

This post was edited

doneright wrote:I get what you're saying. But just being exposed to something is the first step to embracing it. You can't taste something new by just looking at it, but if you're at a barbeque and you smell that chicken cooking, you're likely to get interested in tasting it. And if a person who has never seen an automobile is put in the driver's seat, that person will not have clue about what to do. But most of us have been in the passenger seat of a car since they were kids, and we've already amassed a lot of experience in what the sensation of driving is. And we've seen the person in the driver's seat operating the controls, using the brakes and steering wheel and such, so we were prepared for the driver's seat to some extent.So while you can't really experience social nudity without trying it, you can get a taste of it by seeing how others react to it with each other. From that, it's a much shorter step to doing it yourself.

Thanks for the very thoughtful response. It is just what I would have said.

This post was edited

Seems the despite the very reasonable and civil tone of this conversation the attack anything that doesnt align with my view crowd has descended and is trying to shift that tone - I do hope we can resist. This has been one of the best threads on here in tone and substance in years.

This post was edited

I find it very interesting (to put it politely) that an alleged physician would not support what many clubs do - and that is to allow women on the monthly to wear something if they so chose. Demanding that women remain naked while on the monthly is a great way to chase women away from club nudism.

This post was edited