Becoming a life model is on my bucket list

Hello, I would like to become a mature aged male life model for drawing and painting classes. Any suggestions on how to make this happen, are appreciated. Love to hear from any already experienced. What are the main requirements other than being nude for long periods of time!!

This topic was edited
RE:Becoming a life model is on my bucket list

Find out where your local art classes are. A collage is a good place to start. Write to the art teacher saying you are willing to pose and when you are available.

You may or may not get s reply. When I did art classes many years ago, we had two life drawing sessions. Both models were men in their 70s so you might be a little in the young side.

Out teacher explained that volunteers for life model classes are almost exclusively, elderly males. There may or may not be a reason for this, all I know is there is plenty of competition with the same ambition.

This post was edited
RE:Becoming a life model is on my bucket list

Hello, I would like to become a mature aged male life model for drawing and painting classes. Any suggestions on how to make this happen, are appreciated. Love to hear from any already experienced. What are the main requirements other than being nude for long periods of time!!

Years ago I wanted to do the same thing. So I typed "life modeling" and the nearby big city into Google and got a hit for local artist gallery . I called the number and talked the woman who managed it. She talked me through the logistics. They meet for 3 hours and each artist chips
in a few dollars per hour they are there and they pay the model out of the pool. She told me to " bring a robe and slippers and be comfortable in my own skin" I was in my late 40s at the time, she never asked for a pic or my body type. Two weeks later I showed up and was pointed to a changing area. I stripped put on the robe and came out. A few minutes later I was standing nude in front a mixed group ages 20s to 70s. I would slip the robe back on during the breaks. Artist would come and go through out the time. I did a total of 8 times . I did not get rich, but sure had fun
being paid to be naked and seen.

This post was edited